Author Topic: The Builder's Arms Inn  (Read 19361 times)

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
The Builder's Arms Inn
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »
I figured that this'd be a good idea... It's based off the concept of Canterbury Tales. Basically, there's a huge storm and various travellers end up in the inn, trying to stay out of the storm.

You can pretty much work in any character from any 'Universe', at a stretch, and in fairly limitless numbers. Profiles go in the profile thread, people. Just make sure that unless you're some weird mystery guy, you mention the character's name in the first paragraph. Or else describe yourself.

Where you've come from and where you're going is your decision. Now let's start, shall we?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ch'mera stumbles in, looking decidedly bedraggled and with the occasional spark of static flashing in her hair.
 "Ugh... I hate flying in storms like this." She half-collapses onto a seat at the bar.
  "Coffee. Now."
  "We have coffee but it's not on the -" Ch'mera growls, tail flicking and wings ruffled, and the barman stutters. "O-of course. S-sorry about that." The barman hurries off to get a cup of coffee.

DrLemmingsham

Re: The Builder's Arms Inn
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:38:28 PM »
I figured that this'd be a good idea... It's based off the concept of Canterbury Tales. Basically, there's a huge storm and various travellers end up in the inn, trying to stay out of the storm.

You can pretty much work in any character from any 'Universe', at a stretch, and in fairly limitless numbers. Profiles go in the profile thread, people. Just make sure that unless you're some weird mystery guy, you mention the character's name in the first paragraph. Or else describe yourself.

Where you've come from and where you're going is your decision. Now let's start, shall we?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ch'mera stumbles in, looking decidedly bedraggled and with the occasional spark of static flashing in her hair.
 "Ugh... I hate flying in storms." She half-collapses onto a seat at the bar.
  "Coffee. Now."
  "We have coffee but it's not on the -" Ch'mera growls, tail flicking and wings ruffled, and the barman stutters. "O-of course. S-sorry about that." The barman hurries off to get a cup of coffee.
Does this mean that someone else gets to continue the story?

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
((...Yes, but from the perspective of their character. And try to have it make some degree of sense, will you? This isn't the random story thread. And seriously, keep OOC(out of character) chatter to a minimum. And if it's really desperately needed, keep it in double brackets like this.))

The barman brings back a cup of coffee, then retreats nervously to the opposite end of the bar. Ch'mera gulps the coffee down and looks around.
  "Pretty quiet. It's kinda out of the way here anyway..." Though less tired and grumpy, she slumps, bored.

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:53:55 PM »
I guess I'll go next:

Murtaugh walked in the door, soaking wet. "It's pouring out there!" he said. "I need some coffee." The barman went to get it. When he brought it, Murtaugh drank it it. Soon, Murtaugh got very tired, and asked for a hotel room. The barman gave him a key, and Murtaugh went up to the room, and fell onto his bed. ((OOC: This IS a hotel, right?))

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »
((Technically, yes.))

Ch'mera hears him and turns to say something just as he heads up the stairs.
  "Wait - Oh..." She slumps again then bristles. "The hrrking little... Hmph." She puts down her coffee with a thunk, irritated again.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:32:03 AM »
Lem'ka stalks in, closing the door rather forcefully behind her. She looks soaked and not particularly happy with her hair dripping water into her eyes and obscuring her vision. "I hate storms," she growls, going up to the bar and climbing up onto a stool. The necessity of climbing onto it doesn't appear to help her mood at all. "Barkeep!" she calls, glancing over at the other drinks in evidence. "You got anything other than coffee? Brandy, maybe?" After seeing that the barkeep scuttles off to get the drink, she sighs and turns to the other occupant of the bar. "Nasty weather, eh?"

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:27:35 PM »
  "Right on." Ch'mera replies, seeming to calm down slightly. "Especially when you're right in the middle of it. Literally." She shakes some of the water off her wings. "Where were you heading, anyway?"

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 04:19:14 PM »
"I was headed for a castle some ways away yet, actually. Someone is supposed to meet me there within a day or two. Of course, I had been intending to stop off at a tournament on the way first, but the weather has been too bad lately. I couldn't travel fast enough to get there in time. Annoying, really. I'll have to figure out some way to contact him." Lem'ka accepts the glass from the barkeep, pays the man, and takes a drink of the brandy. "What about you?"

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »
Ch'mera tenses very slightly, and the tip of her tail twists around one of the legs of her stool.
 "Nowhere special."

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
"Ah, I see." Figuring it had to do with something secretive, Lem'ka turns her attention mostly to the drink, trying to think of a way to let her contact know where to meet her now. "You think the storm will let up soon?" she asks. "It will be awfully difficult to get a messenger through this."

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
"Looks pretty nasty out there, but it feels like it'll run out of steam soon."  An ear twitches nervously. "I've never seen anything this bad before though."

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:40 PM »
"Neither have I," said Murtaugh. He had just come down to get some water. He sat down, and drank the water.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »
"I think we're pretty lucky." She shrugs. "We all made it here -" A window rattles  in its frame. Ch'mera falls silent, tail wrapped tightly around the leg of the chair, as if it would keep her safe. "And to think I normally like flying in storms..." She laughs awkwardly, concealing fear.

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 01:22:19 AM »
"Well... okay," Murtaugh said. He then went back to his room.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
Ch'mera changes the subject, raising an eyebrow. "He's not much of a talker, is he?"