Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Lem3D CD Letter Drive Problem

(1/4) > >>

DragonsLover:
Ok, I don't have the original Lem3D CD but I did get the CD soundtracks and put them into an image CD file and running it using Daemon Tools. The problem is that Lemmings3D considers the drive D as the CD drive. But the drive D is a partition of the hard disk and it's on that drive I put Lem3D! How can I tell Lemmings3D to use drive K instead (I know, I have a lot of drives ;P)? Is it possible though?

Mr. K:
Apart from hacking the game, I don't think there's any way... I've never had trouble using a different drive though. Not for CD Audio anyway.

ccexplore:

--- Quote from: DragonsLover on June 02, 2007, 05:49:40 AM ---Ok, I don't have the original Lem3D CD but I did get the CD soundtracks and put them into an image CD file and running it using Daemon Tools. The problem is that Lemmings3D considers the drive D as the CD drive. But the drive D is a partition of the hard disk and it's on that drive I put Lem3D! How can I tell Lemmings3D to use drive K instead (I know, I have a lot of drives ;P)? Is it possible though?
--- End quote ---

Just wondering, are you running Lem3D directly or in DOSBox?

Mr. K:
If you're running it in DosBox, I'd advise against that... although you could also then set your CD drive letter properly that way if you want...

ccexplore:

--- Quote from: Ji Hoon on June 02, 2007, 11:03:27 AM ---If you're running it in DosBox, I'd advise against that... although you could also then set your CD drive letter properly that way if you want...
--- End quote ---

Lem3D runs fine under DOSBox on my machine, although I'm not using the version with the audio CD.  DOSBox also lets you mount any path as a drive and assign it any drive letter, so you can easily do something like mount d k:\ -t cdrom to map your k: CD-ROM drive to drive letter D for DOSBox.

I kinda doubt that Lem3D really only looks at a fixed drive letter for the audio CD, it's possible maybe it's because you're using Daemon Tools to emulate a CD-ROM drive and maybe DOS programs like Lem3D won't see such emulated drives when run directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version