Author Topic: Haha, I love it when this happens...  (Read 6956 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Haha, I love it when this happens...
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »
I was just trying to make an easy but fun level right now... and I accidentally ended up making one of the hardest levels I've ever made. (As in, the terrain layout that I put together allowed for it, and I saw the skillset and stats that would acheive it). The original intended hard solution didn't work(was impossible), but by pure accident I found that by simply adding one more miner an even harder one would work, and after about fifty attempts, I finally managed to pull it off successfully.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NL12RZ1P

There's the level itself (in .LVL format), the BMP image of it, and a TXT file with the solution.

The level is designed for and tested in Windows Lemmings, and I actually doubt this one will play correctly or even be possible in the DOS version.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
Re: Haha, I love it when this happens...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
I am curious. Could you upload it to another location? The place you put it now is kind of ... I don't have words for it :)
I will NOT get it from there. On principal

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »
Cool, Thanks!

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 11:23:05 AM »
I've got a Lemmix solution (= backroute that would likely work in original Lemmings) to it: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/The%20Diving%20Board.lrb

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
Could you PM how it's done to me? I don't have or know how to use Lemmix...

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 07:34:39 PM »
You can get Lemmix here: http://lemmings.isamedia.org/index.php?topic=6.0
Install, execute, open your level, press F2, press Shift+R, select demo file & watch.

I'll post it right here, hope you don't mind;
I don't like writing walkthroughs, anyways: Instantly RR 44, make the first & third lemming floater. Make the first lemming builder at the very edge. Make the second lemming floater at the bottom of the fall. Have him build when on top of the first log. Have the builder mine and the next lemming block off the bridge. Make the third lemming block at the end of the builder's bridge to turn the builder around. Use the first lemming to free this blocker using a miner. Have a lemming from the top mine to the left to free the blocker and create a way down to the bridge.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 12:05:56 AM »
Ahhhh,,,, I see... a one-way left field in the bottom area should fix that, then...  :devil: