Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Lemmings 2: Possible to save ALL lemmings of ALL tribes?

(1/4) > >>

PIGSgrame:
After a very long time, I installed Lemmings 2 again (glad to see it finally works with DOSBox). As most of you know, you only get "Gold" after solving a level if all remaining Lemmings were rescued, which makes me believe that it must be somehow possible to save 60 Lemmings in EVERY level.

Looking at my notes from around 1998, I saw that I managed to rescue the Shadow, Cave, Outdoor, Beach, and Egyptian tribe completely. My question is: Is it generally possible to pull all Lemmings through in the other tribes? If not, this would mean that there are levels where achieving Gold is impossible at all, which would be kind of unfair.

DrLemmingsham:

--- Quote from: PIGSgrame on April 27, 2007, 04:54:34 PM ---After a very long time, I installed Lemmings 2 again (glad to see it finally works with DOSBox). As most of you know, you only get "Gold" after solving a level if all remaining Lemmings were rescued, which makes me believe that it must be somehow possible to save 60 Lemmings in EVERY level.

Looking at my notes from around 1998, I saw that I managed to rescue the Shadow, Cave, Outdoor, Beach, and Egyptian tribe completely. My question is: Is it generally possible to pull all Lemmings through in the other tribes? If not, this would mean that there are levels where achieving Gold is impossible at all, which would be kind of unfair.

--- End quote ---
You don't have to save EVERY Lemming to get a gold. Let's say it's impossible to save every Lemming in a level. If you save the maximum amount possible, you get a gold. (Sorry if that was unclear...)

PIGSgrame:
Ah I see, thanks for clearing this up! I didn't remember that, must have been too long ;)

I'm going to play the game again during the following days (or weeks?), let's see if I manage to get Gold everywhere. I just tried Sport1 ("Ceci n'est pas une pipe") a couple of times and finished it with 58 Lemmings. Wasn't aware before that this is possible...

DrLemmingsham:

--- Quote from: PIGSgrame on April 27, 2007, 10:59:47 PM ---Ah I see, thanks for clearing this up! I didn't remember that, must have been too long ;)

I'm going to play the game again during the following days (or weeks?), let's see if I manage to get Gold everywhere. I just tried Sport1 ("Ceci n'est pas une pipe") a couple of times and finished it with 58 Lemmings. Wasn't aware before that this is possible...

--- End quote ---
I think there is a glitch or somthing in my version. All you have to do is fence through the wall on the right, and then fence through the big land mass on the left. In my version, the Lemmings actually survive the sheer drop without splatting, even if they're not sliders. You try it. If it doesn't work, go to Gamefaqs.com. They have an entire walkthrough for the game. It says "For the Mega Drive," but I assume the levels are built like that in every version. In case you can't find it, click on "Contribute," click on "Contributer Recignition," look in "G," and look for the name, "GavluvsGA." He wrote it. Click on his name, go to "Walkthroughs," and look under "Mega Drive," (Or Genesis) and look for "Lemmings 2: The Tribes."

DragonsLover:
You don't have to save ALL lemmings for EVERY levels. Sometimes, you have to kill one lemming or two and you get a Gold medal anyway. I did complete all the levels with a gold medal for each one, so if I'm able, you should be able too.

If you go on The Lemmings Solution website and that you look for some levels, it is shown how many max lemmings you can kill. For example, level 4 of Classic tribe, you can kill one lemming max to get a gold medal. If you kill more, you get a silver medal and then an iron one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version