Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Mayhem 3 ("It's Hero Time") on Amiga version

(1/3) > >>

PIGSgrame:
I've downloaded the "Corrected Lemmings" version from the Lemmings file portal. One of the many things I noticed to be different is that Mayhem3 has 30 Lemmings here where the PC version has only 25.

For the PC version, the solution is not that difficult. Even if you don't dig directly above the exit, the last lemming is able to make it into the exit by the skin of his teeth. But in the Amiga level (which I played in "Corrected Lemmings", though), this level does not seem to be solveable. Even if I dig above the exit so that the lemmings enter it during the fall, I only manage to get 96% (93% if I try to solve the level according to the PC version).

Any hints what I need to do? Or is the Amiga version of this level indeed unsolveable on PC, maybe due to a different timer logic?

ccexplore:

--- Quote from: PIGSgrame on April 23, 2007, 06:03:31 PM ---Any hints what I need to do? Or is the Amiga version of this level indeed unsolveable on PC, maybe due to a different timer logic?
--- End quote ---

If you think the Amiga version is hard on the PC, wait til you try it out on the Amiga itself.

Basically, the game clock on the PC version is already slower compare to the Amiga's, so any solution that times out on the PC will definitely time out on the Amiga.

I don't know what solution you're trying, but clearly you need to come up with a different solution.  Think about what you could do to shorten the path the crowd takes to get to the exit.  The fastest solution should give you like 2-3 seconds worth of breathing room on the PC.

(Aside:  I'm at work, but I'm gonna have to check tonight at home whether the PC version really only has 25 lemmings.  I could've sworn it's 30 on the PC version too.)

PIGSgrame:
Thanks for your reply! The only solution I can think of is the one I always use:
* The last Lem is the hero the title implies - he mines after falling down from the entrance
* He bashes through the right-only block and while doing so, becomes an athlete
* When he comes near the acid bowl, he builds
* Now he will climb up the right wall and safely land left to the exit
* All that is left to do is digging downI can gain one second or two if I dig directly above the exit so that all Lemmings enter the exit while falling down. But I have no idea how to shorten the path of the crowd. All skills that are left are one blocker and one bomber, but since I need all 100%, i cannot position the blocker. I also see no chance to free the blocker in another way, as all skills suitable for this (miner etc.) are needed somewhere else...

--- Quote from: ccexplore on April 23, 2007, 08:12:36 PM ---(Aside:  I'm at work, but I'm gonna have to check tonight at home whether the PC version really only has 25 lemmings.  I could've sworn it's 30 on the PC version too.)
--- End quote ---
At least in my PC version, this level has 25 Lemmings, and I've never seen otherwise. The same-looking Fun24 ("Konbanwa Lemming san") has indeed 30.

ccexplore:
Ok, here's a hint (highlight to read):
--- Quote ---pick someone else to be the Hero
--- End quote ---

PIGSgrame:
Yea, I got it 8)

My solution always worked on the PC version, so I never tried to optimize it. But now I can make it with 18 secons left on the "corrected" version, although this needs two heros.

Just why did they remove 5 Lemmings from the PC version, making this level a lot easier? Would be intresting to know if there exist PC versions where this level has 30 Lemmings. Strangely enough, they also greatly simplified the next level, "The Crossroads". The Amiga version requires all 100%, the PC version only 80%. What could be the reason for such changes? After all, it's the Mayhem stage...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version