Author Topic: Chip's Challenge  (Read 2334 times)

XFactorInfinity

Chip's Challenge
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »
Let me tell you now- CC is a game that you would adore if you adore lemmings. It's sort of similar(not in gameplay but in just the genius level design and puzzles) except that it never got a sequel. Unfortunately.

Essentialy, it's a tile based puzzler with 149 levels and a lot of charm. This game is one you'd need to be a nazi to hate, it's just so fun and nice. And the main character is a physically challenged geek who's goal is to collect computer chips. HARDCORE TO THE MAX. =P

Click. <- Nice fansite, with Tile World(TW is a CC clone that runs like the original, except with not-as-good-graphics[They're actually higher quality but don't have the same retro feel. =(]and the ability to import levelsets. Sadly, the original levels are not included) and other things. Should tell you more about the game.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Chip's Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »
I was in the CC community before I was here.  I think any comparison of the two games is a little bit like comparing apples and oranges.  Pretty much the only commonality is that they can both be classified as puzzle/thinking games (like appes and oranges are both fruit), but that's about it.  That being said, CC indeed can be very fun and addictive, provided that you also download custom levels other people have made, in addition to the ones from the original game (which can be quite hard to find nowadays anyway).  Like Lemmings, often the most interesting and fun levels are actually the custom levels fans have created over the years (I especially hate how towards the end of the original CC levels so many of them were mazes--not very creative.)

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 09:19:17 PM »
I was in the CC community before I was here.  I think any comparison of the two games is a little bit like comparing apples and oranges.  Pretty much the only commonality is that they can both be classified as puzzle/thinking games (like appes and oranges are both fruit), but that's about it.  That being said, CC indeed can be very fun and addictive, provided that you also download custom levels other people have made, in addition to the ones from the original game (which can be quite hard to find nowadays anyway).  Like Lemmings, often the most interesting and fun levels are actually the custom levels fans have created over the years (I especially hate how towards the end of the original CC levels so many of them were mazes--not very creative.)

Interesting meta-comparison.  I might like to use the fact that, in both games, each level benefits from one or more previous levels, like how Fun 8 is most like levels 2 and 3, since in 2 you only needed one action and you save enough, and in 3 you used blockers.  And Fun 10 is most like Fun 2, which used floaters; and Fun 3, where you used blockers; and Fun 4, where you used different skills; and also Fun 8, where you had many more skills to choose from than you needed.

Or something like that.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 02:06:07 AM »
I might like to use the fact that, in both games, each level benefits from one or more previous levels,

Yes, that goes by various names such as "learning curve", "tutorial levels", etc.  Many good games have them. :wink: