Author Topic: Project Continent  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
Project Continent
« on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:10 PM »
Named in honour of a site long dead, Project Continent is an attempt at actually going somewhere with this thing. It's not for me to contribute to, or anyone in particular. We'll need help from everyone we can.

Not just programming and things, however. We need ideas. Let's face it. Lemmings is blank, a blank canvas. That's why I got into it - I could go almost as far as I liked with the theme and ideas. What we're going to do is flesh it out, give it a story, do something with it.

Any takers? I have many ideas, but I'd rather you all gave it the thumbs up or down first. Maybe added your own ideas.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
Re: Project Continent
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »
Sorry to double post but... What gives? No one's posted, at all. Come on, you know you want to...

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »
Sorry to double post but... What gives? No one's posted, at all. Come on, you know you want to...
I know this is off topic but... What's wrong with double posting? The only way double posting is bad is if both posts say the same thing! Sorry if I'm wrong, I come from "PeaGuyBoard" territory where the rules are dramatically lifted up. :mikescared:

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »
...Offtopic indeed. *sigh* I was hoping for something of some sort of relevance.

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »
...Offtopic indeed. *sigh* I was hoping for something of some sort of relevance.
I don't think the place is too bad. I think it's pretty good actually! BUT... I don't understand what the point is. :-\ :huh2: :smiley: :huh:

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 05:38:20 PM »
You don't see the point. Does anyone see the point? THE POINT'S RIGHT THERE, KID. In the first post. The top post. The post that started the thread. Also, what's the point in your posts, huh?

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »
HEY HEY HEY KIDS, PUT DOWN THE FLAMETHROWERS.  Jeez.

I'm not really sure what this "Project Continent" thingy is implying, except maybe that Lemmings needs a storyline.  Elaborate plz?

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:27:10 PM »
You got it about right, K. A storyline, characters and things. And some sort of place for it all to happen in. I meant what I said about it being a blank canvas - we could go almost anywhere with it. We've got the basic framework put down by Tribes and Chronicles. The only problem is, when you can go anywhere it's nigh impossible to know where to take it.

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »
You got it about right, K. A storyline, characters and things. And some sort of place for it all to happen in. I meant what I said about it being a blank canvas - we could go almost anywhere with it. We've got the basic framework put down by Tribes and Chronicles. The only problem is, when you can go anywhere it's nigh impossible to know where to take it.
Of course! Now I got it! How about this: The Lemmings needed more space to put all the Lemmings, (Hey, there is about 1,000,000 Lemmings!) and they needed to move to somewhere else. Then Lemmings 2: The Tribes comes in...

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »
Yeah. Big migration... I already got this bit in my head, kinda. It's a long underground, underwater tunnel to get to the Tribes island.