Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Heritage Release Thread  (Read 503 times)

Online Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Lemmings Heritage Release Thread
« on: April 04, 2024, 11:00:52 AM »
Welcome to the world of Lemmings Heritage! 40 all new levels to play with different skills and a classic feel the whole way through. My focus was to make this pack much like the first Lemmings, but with styles from Lemmings, Oh No! More Lemmings, Lemmings 2 and Lemmings 3. It seems to turn out great.

The adventure is yours to take, remember, the solutions are from easy to hard and are really fun to play over and over again when you know them. Difficulty of each level ranges, so pretty much it's not a pack that starts out easy and gets harder as you go along, it's mixed. There are 40 levels within two ranks; Smooth and Bumpy. A third rank with 20 additional levels will be added when time allows. ;) Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19crROFb6Cg9qomBaWbBQwVK5PXIeADxq/view?usp=sharing

I am looking for suggestions, level addition/solution ideas and overall feedback, please. That would help me in the long run. This being my first level pack, it's not going to be perfect in that aspect. :) I do plan to improve and add things as I work on more levels.

Many, many thanks to kaywhyn for the help throughout this experience. I would have never done it without the assistance! Also, many thanks to namida, not only for the development of NeoLemmix, but also for the introduction to the program and especially to the forums. You are all great! Special thanks to those who have helped in the topic that I've put up about the order of levels. That all helped a lot, thanks so much!

Have fun and never give up on Lemmings!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 05:03:36 PM by Mobiethian »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Heritage Release Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 08:31:24 PM »
Congratulations on the release! :thumbsup: And no problem on giving you a helping hand in the entire process! :) Thanks again for the nice scroller credit :thumbsup: Everything loads fine on my end, so nice job on packing the level pack correctly! :)

One thing though: Did you intend to include a logo? The one you PMed me looks great, by the way! :thumbsup: If you did want to include it, then that would go in the same place where all the rank folders of your pack are, i.e, same location as the levels.nxmi and info.nxmi files. Simply save your image file as "logo.png" and put in the location I mentioned :) No problem if you don't include one. The important thing is that all levels load correctly, and so far so good! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Online Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 09:46:09 PM »
I've gotten the logo resized and added, it looks great! :) I will be including it in the new download when I finish the next rank sometime eventually. Thank you so much! I appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Wow, come to think of it, that was really easy to do! ha Next, I am going to focus on other changes that I can make such as rank designs and other things on the menu.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 12:49:15 PM »
Congrats on releasing your first pack! :thumbsup:

Since it's a relatively short and easy one I took time to play it all. Not sure if it's useful but you'll find my replays attached. Most levels seemed open-ended and I often tried to save as many lemmings as possible.
It's a fine pack even if it gets a bit repetitive in the end because the difficulty never really takes off. Otherwise, it was fun to play! Keep it up :D

Online Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 02:28:15 PM »
Congrats on releasing your first pack! :thumbsup:

Since it's a relatively short and easy one I took time to play it all. Not sure if it's useful but you'll find my replays attached. Most levels seemed open-ended and I often tried to save as many lemmings as possible.
It's a fine pack even if it gets a bit repetitive in the end because the difficulty never really takes off. Otherwise, it was fun to play! Keep it up :D

Thank you kindly for playing! The replays will be useful, thanks again, Pieuw. I believe the difficulty will be taking off in the third rank, I started it already so hopefully you'll get a chance to check that out as well when I finish it.

I really do appreciate your feedback and replays. I'll definitely keep the pack going and will be working on making some other existing levels harder. :D :thumbsup:

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 03:48:59 AM »
Congratulation on releasing your first level pack 8-)
I attached my solutions below.
Overall, the levels are on the easier side but it's still high-quality excellent first pack. :thumbsup:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Online Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 11:30:02 AM »
Congratulation on releasing your first level pack 8-)
I attached my solutions below.
Overall, the levels are on the easier side but it's still high-quality excellent first pack. :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly! I appreciate the replays and will be reviewing them to see how you've done. Thanks for that too.

I often tried to save as many lemmings as possible.

Speaking of replays, Pieuw, how did you know that solution to level 1 in Smooth? I didn't even know it myself. ha You've saved all lemmings in that level, which I didn't think was possible. Great job there! :D

Online Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 10:12:44 AM »
The pack has been updated with a custom logo on the title screen! :thumbsup: It really makes a difference! Thanks for the help with this, kaywhyn! I've also changed the main download link above to reflect the change. Thanks for playing, always! Also, Level 1 on Rugged is not finished yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19crROFb6Cg9qomBaWbBQwVK5PXIeADxq/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 05:03:51 PM by Mobiethian »

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2024, 12:28:15 PM »
Speaking of replays, Pieuw, how did you know that solution to level 1 in Smooth? I didn't even know it myself. ha You've saved all lemmings in that level, which I didn't think was possible. Great job there! :D

Well I didn't know about it, this is jump what came to mind. It doesn't seem hard to figure this out to be honest :D I think it's normal to overlook some obvious backroutes in our own levels. Knowing the intended solution tends to blinker the mind to other possibilities (at least that's my case :crylaugh:)