Lix > Lix Levels

Eye of the Needle

(1/3) > >>

Forestidia86:
Edit Simon 2024-02-05: Split off Simon streams Lix, 2023-11-26

--- Quote from: Simon ---I solved mobius's Eye of the Needle -- two lovely ideas, excellent puzzle!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: geoo on November 27, 2023, 09:57:38 AM ---For Eye of the Needle, your solution differs from the intended one quite significantly. Removing the feature that Simon exploited on the left, or bumping up the requirement to 8/10 (at the cost of slightly trickier execution) could work here.

--- End quote ---

Removing the terrain piece wouldn't prevent the core of Simon's solution. Spoiler (click to show/hide) You can instead just platform in the miner tunnel.I have attached a solution which saves 8/10 and is very well doable timingwise. It has a variation to the replay of the collection though.

mobius:
I was sadly too busy that day to watch. I'll have it a look over soon.

I'll wait until I watch Simon's replay to comment but having designed Eye of the Needle but finding the solution to be quite precise and fiddly, I'll likely be open to other solutions or variants, but we'll see.

mobius:
Ill let it up to someone else to decide about Eye of the Needle. Im okay with leaving it as is, Simon seemd to enjoy the level so thats important to me.

But to remove those routes simply;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)the platform the exit is on should be steel to the right at least somewhat past where the overhang is. Also; per Simon's comment; the whole level can be shorted horizontally a bit. The upper platform doesn't need to be that long.

Simon:

--- Quote from: mobius on December 07, 2023, 04:44:47 PM ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)the platform the exit is on should be steel to the right at least somewhat past where the overhang is.
--- End quote ---

See attachment for how Eye of the Needle would then look.

But now, it will be even easier to turn a worker near the exit. In Lix, when you're walking on steel, you can be assigned miner without further preparation and immediately turn.

Second attachment: An exit platform that is too thin to turn with mining, even if you cancel the miner with a platformer. Is that better?

-- Simon

Proxima:
geoo's suggestion was to require saving 1 more, leaving all else unchanged. I haven't had a second look to check if this works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version