Lix > Lix Main

Giant window size (> 10x screen res): Lix opens & closes repeatedly

(1/3) > >>

Silken Healer:
If you put an irregular value as your Lix window size it opens and closes again. At least I think that this is what this is. Maybe add a warning before making it an regular value?

Simon:
What exactly did you put? Numbers? Which exact numbers? Negative numbers? Letters? Nothing (empty string)?

Where did you put it: For window size, or for hardware fullscreen resolution?

On which version of Windows are you?

Surprised you get a window at all that is not the fallback size 640x480. But I haven't checked exactly which cases lead to the fallback.

-- Simon

Silken Healer:
by "irregular" I mean like a value that is bigger then your actual monitor. I havent tried negative numbers letters or nothing. I'm using Windows 10

Silken Healer:
also it doesn't just close it like continually closes and opens again. It would probably give you a seizure if you had epelepsy

Simon:

--- Quote from: Silken Healer on January 28, 2024, 08:00:00 PM ---"irregular" I mean like a value that is bigger then your actual monitor.

--- End quote ---

What exactly is your native monitor resolution?
What exactly did you enter for the window size?

At least on my system*, I can't reproduce your bug by specifying a window bigger than the native resolution. For the window size, I can put 4000 x 2000, which is bigger than my monitor's current and native resolution of 3440 x 1440. I get a window that is bigger than my screen as expected. It won't open and close.

*) 64-bit Linux with X (i.e., not Wayland) and Allegro 64-bit version 5.2.8, running 64-bit Linux Lix 0.10.19.

Lix's mouse cursor will be confined to roughly the top-left quarter, but that's a separate issue.

Neither can I reproduce the bug in Wine 8.21, running Windows Lix 0.10.19 64-bit on that same Linux machine. Difference though: The Lix window with Wine doesn't open as 4000 x 2000, it opens as 3440 x 1440, but still with a border, i.e., not a software fullscreen.

--- Quote ---doesn't just close it like continually closes and opens again
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is a problem, and we should catch that.

At minimum, this bug locks you out of Lix's options menu. To recover, you can erase the options file, but some users won't think of that or find that file.

-- Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version