Author Topic: Level Design Contest #29 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)  (Read 1668 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #29 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« on: December 03, 2023, 04:27:01 PM »
Note: This topic is ONLY for posting updates to your levels, or making late submissions. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss the levels, post replays, etc, please do so in the Discussion Topic.

Please follow these rules for updates:
1. When posting a new updated version of a level, remove any old updated versions of that level --> Have all your recent updates stored in 1 post! I will delete such old posts eventually if the author doesn't; so don't store any important information in them.
2. Make a new post for a new update; do not edit your most recent post. You may, however, post updates to multiple entries (if you have more than one) in the same post.
3. Use the same filename as found in the ZIP of the entered levels, with "V2" "V3" etc added at the end. No matter how minor an update is, give it a new number.
4. Do not post in this topic, unless it's to post an update to your levels. Use the discussion topic instead for anything else.

Please use the same naming format as in the zip file:  User1_Levelname_R3V5.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 5 of the level 

For late submissions also, please use the same kind of filename as is used in the main levels download - ie: your username, and "R1" "R2" or "R3" to mark which rule the level is for. Please be sure to check the original contest announcement topic for the rules; as the notes in the discussion topic are simply meant as reminders, not full explanations of the rules.

Please use the right naming format when posting updates! That would lead to less confusions and less work for everyone.

Link to discussion topic

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #29 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 02:46:55 PM »
r1 Tensegrity v1->v2
 : added a chain

r2 Got a New Toy v1->v2
 : -1stoner, -1shimmier, +1stoner pick-up
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 08:04:14 PM »
V2 Update to my R3:

I added 2 steel blocks above the exit.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 04:50:04 PM »
Update to V7 of my Rule 1 level

Just added a Bronze Talisman

Also again here is V2 of my Rule 2 level which Armani and Kaywhyn already have the intended solution.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 05:23:55 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 05:59:32 PM »
Update to Dangerous Goods to fix Simon's Wurschtelei (and other potential flinging solutions). Basically changes the fling bomber into a normal bomber, and the other minor changes are just consequences of that.

I'm still contemplating reworking Origami Master as most people don't use the jumper and make the execution harder and messier, but I'll need to think about how to do this some more.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 09:56:18 PM »
R1 remains V6!

Changelog History of R1:

V2 - Added a barrel to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf

V3 - Added terrain to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V4 - Added a water pit and steel blocks to fix a backroute thanks to Armani and Icho

V5 - Added some terrain near the middle exit area to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V6 - Added another steel block to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V19 of R2 uploaded!

Changelog History of R2:

V2 - Removed terrain to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf

V3 - Added OWAs and removed terrain to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V4 - Shifted the pillar in the water down a pixel to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf

V5 - Replaced pillar in the water with a different terrain piece to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf

V6 - Extended the OWAs to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf

V7 - Changed some up OWAs to left and right ones and added OWAs at the top to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V8 - Extended the OWAs on the wooden pillars to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V9 - Changed up the wooden staircase terrain around the middle left area, -1 platformer and -1 builder to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V10 - Added another needles trap to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V11 - Added more OWAs and shifted the OWAs up on the pillar near the entrance to fix backroutes thanks to Armani and Icho

edit - Sorry, reattached, as apparently I needed to expand the OWAs near the start too! :forehead:

V12 - Bit of an overhaul here to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

- The hatch is no longer a pre-assigned swimmer one and instead there are now two pre-placed swimmer Lemmings.

- Changed up the wooden staircase near the entrance even more because I found Armani's backroute still works with a minor adjustment

- More steel added

V13 - Shifted rope net 3 pixels to the right, changed some OWAs to down ones on the wooden pillars, as well as changed the left OWAs to right ones on the left wooden pillar, and shifted some terrain under and near the entrance 2 pixels down to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V14 - More OWAs added and flipped right OWAs at the top to left ones to fix backroutes thanks to Armani.

V15 - Another really big overhaul, as I was successful in thinking of a way to get rid of a skill slot

- Skillset changes: no walkers and blockers now, and instead, +4 jumpers, +1 platformer, +1 basher, +1 stacker, -1 miner, and +2 swimmers.

- Along with the above, -1 preplaced Lemming, and the preplaced Lemming is now just a regular Lemming.

- Entrance is now a right-facing one

- Added another rope terrain, took away some OWAs, and modified the wooden staircase near the entrance and shifted taller pillar several pixels to the left

V16 - Re-added the down OWAs to fix a backroute thanks to Icho. I knew I should had kept those in! :forehead: Also moved the pre-placed Lemming :P

V17 - Removed the right OWAs and extended the down OWAs to where they were on the wooden pillars to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

V18 - Added more spike traps and extended the arrows on the pillar near the entrance to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V19 - Made the pillar right by the exit taller, and the jumpers, diggers, and miner are now pickups to fix backroutes thanks to Icho   

R3 remains V4!

Changelog History of R3:

V2 - Modified the steel platform to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf. Also, I discovered a backroute of my own, so for that I added a steel block.

V3 - Modified the terrain near the entrance to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf

V4 - Restored the platform near the entrance to V2's version, shifted the steel blocks over to the right, and added terrain to fix a backroute thanks to zanzindorf
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0