Author Topic: Two player levels?  (Read 8121 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Two player levels?
« on: September 16, 2006, 01:14:37 AM »
Has anyone, possibly, got a copy of these in .lvl or similar format? I'd be very interested. I've seen the original Lemmings ones, a long time ago, but I can't really remember them. Wikipedia tells me that ONML had 2-player levels on the Amiga version too, which I've never seen, and I'd like to... Anyone have a way of seeing them? :)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
Re: Two player levels?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:12:48 AM »
Check in the Lemmini thread.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 10:11:30 AM »
Cunning. Thanks. Are there only ten on ONML, then?

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »
Cunning. Thanks. Are there only ten on ONML, then?
AFAIK, I got them all.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 11:10:07 PM »
Wikip?ʤie, c'est incorrecte!  :angry:

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 12:38:11 PM »
I fixed the Wikipedia article.

I also realized that it's possible to play the 2 player levels using WinUAE and 2 USB mice!  :thumbsup:

ingodubingo

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 02:39:05 AM »
@Mindless: Could you pleeease tell me how to do that?

I'd love to play Lemmings with 2 people at one pc (or did i get this wrong and you meant playing the two-player levels alone? If so, could someone please tell me any lemmings version [or clone] that can be played with 2 players at once?)!

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 01:42:38 PM »
@Mindless: Could you pleeease tell me how to do that?

I'd love to play Lemmings with 2 people at one pc (or did i get this wrong and you meant playing the two-player levels alone?
I suppose you could play a two-player level alone if you were ambidextious enough. :P
You'll need 2 USB mice. (You'll both be playing on the same computer.)  In one of the input configuration sections, you should be able to choose "raw mouse 1" and "raw mouse 2" for use as two seperate devices.  I wish I could be more specific, but I don't run Windows anymore, and I can't reproduce the same settings under Wine. :(

ingodubingo

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »
Thanks, i'll try that.

But as i guess there are many people out there who'd love to play the 2 player mode, could maybe some nice guy write a tutorial for that?

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 11:32:46 PM »
Hey all,

I dont have any information for the 2-player tutorials, however I do have information on the ported systems for lemmings. I found this interesting piece of information from Wikipedia Encyclopedia (which is my main source of information on the net right now for most things):

Two-player mode
The original Amiga Lemmings also had 20 two-player levels. This took advantage of the Amiga's ability to handle two mice simultaneously. Each player would be presented with their own view of the map (vertical split screen), could only control his own lemmings (green or blue), and had their own base. The goal was to save more lemmings (color irrelevant) than the other player. Gameplay would cycle through the 20 levels until neither player got any lemmings home.

Two-player levels were also present in the Sega Mega Drive version, along with some levels unique to that version by Sunsoft, the company that worked on it. They were also present in the Super NES version.

Hope this helps.
Tim.

0xdeadbeef

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »
Well, I guess if this would be implemented in e.g. Lemmini, I'd say that an approach based on TCP/IP would make much more sense than a split screen. This would also make it possible to play against other people in the internet. Also, since two separate mice are not supported by Windows, the input problem of the split screen version remains.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 10:09:04 PM »
Also, since two separate mice are not supported by Windows, the input problem of the split screen version remains.

Maybe not in Java, but two separate mice should be supported in Windows thru DirectInput.  After all a few posts back Mindless already mentioned that WinUAE can support two mices.  Nevertheless, network/internet play clearly makes much more sense in this day and age.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
Is someone here remember what was the special code to access 2 players levels in single player mode and also to access single player levels in 2 players mode?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 02:02:27 AM »
UP!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »
UP!

Nobody here remembers? :(