Author Topic: I need any information, documentation, ect you have on Lemmings2:Tribes  (Read 5482 times)

punkonjunk

Hello! Glad to be a member of the forums. I'm an avid lemming fan, ever since my childhood, and am very into Lemmings DS. I'm very involved in the DS homebrew scene, and since the DS was released, I was hoping for lemmings (And worms) to come over to DS. Worms did, and it sucked.
Lemmings didn't... until recently.
I've discussed the idea of tribes a tiny bit with matt, and he said (jokingly, most likely) That tribes could be implemented, and I quote -
"Tribes? Well, if you can find the level format, every level, the frames of every lemming in a usable format, a complete exhaustive description of every skill complete with frame count, then I could probably do it."
I could in all likelyhood make complete spritesheets for every lemming. As for exhaustive descriptions of the skills - I don't think I could exactly do that myself. I've got experience in GUI-frontend ROM hacking for NES and SNES. I've worked heavily with image ripping tools, ect, and could definately make a spritesheet, but thats as best as I can do.

Ive tried to turn up as much info on anything as I can, but after an hour, I haven't turned up much.

I'd love any help you can provide - or any advice you can offer me.
I managed to turn up a few things, but I don't know if these could be useful; maybe someone with more knowledge of this type of thing could provide some insight.
http://www.lemmingsuniverse.net/downloads.html

Other than that, not much. Any info you can provide would be amazing. Thank you in advance!

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I need any information, documentation, ect you have on Lemmings2:Tribes
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »
Well, for a start, the level format and the format for the sprites of the respective styles, i.e. terrain, background, most of the objects is mostly known (DOS version):
http://lemmings.isamedia.org/index.php?topic=196.msg3549#msg3549
The files are compressed, you can (de/re)compress the with Mindless' lem2zip

Regarding the lemmings sprites, masks, skill descriptions, etc. though, there hasn't been done much research yet. The latter is likely only obtainable from the binary itself.