Author Topic: LOTY 2022 Results (Winners:"Insert Coin, Choose Lemming"&"Oil Processing Plant")  (Read 3825 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LOTY 2022 has finally ended and the winners are (as we got a tie):

Armani's "Insert Coin, Choose Lemming"

and

IchoTolot's "Oil Processing Plant"

Congratulations to Armani and myself I assume :P! I will contact you soon regarding the price of 10 USD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third place goes to: IchoTolot's "May The Guides Bless My Journey!"

See you soon in LOTY 2023!

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Congratulations Armani and IchoTolot! :party: :thumbsup:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Congratulations to both of you from my side, as well! :thumbsup:

I’ve finally been getting into Lemmings Uncharted a little; I guess Lemmings United is still way out of my league (even though I was one of the pre-testers, but I don’t recall having made it far beyond the first rank :D ).
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've already did so on Discord, but I'll post my congratulations again to both Armani and Icho for being co-winners of LOTY2022 :thumbsup: The funny thing is that I once again saved the latter from losing a contest again :P In addition, I'm happy to see that a nomination of mine of Icho's level from the NL Intro Pack won. Icho was the author who I nominated the maximum number of levels allowed for a user. At the same time, the results do surprise me, considering I kind of expected Armani's level to blow away the competition similar to how the LDC that level was initially a part of did. Then again, a few rounds ended up with closer numbers in a way that Armani's "Insert Coin" level didn't run away or completely dominate the voting like it did in the LDC.

Fun fact: This is the second LOTY where there are co-winners for first place, the last time happening for LOTY2019, and in both cases Icho is one of the co-winners :laugh:

Also I want to thank Icho for nominating my "The Lemming Calculator" level :thumbsup: Now I'm really curious who nominated 3 other levels of mine, especially my all steel level, which pays tribute to one of Icho's levels from United. Obviously I've done something right with them, as they are apparently well-liked enough to be nomination worthy :laugh:

I’ve finally been getting into Lemmings Uncharted a little; I guess Lemmings United is still way out of my league (even though I was one of the pre-testers, but I don’t recall having made it far beyond the first rank :D ).

In my experiences, the pack starts off harder than United, and most definitely is harder than United in the final rank, now that the really bad backroutes I found in my LP have been patched out. I also think it was cool how Icho and I had to band together and combine our brains to get some final rank Uncharted levels solved :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Alright, thanks for the warning regarding the later levels of Lemmings Uncharted… :evil:
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Congratulations to Icho for winning the LOTY and thanks to all of you who've played my levels :thumbsup:

Now I'm really curious who nominated 3 other levels of mine, especially my all steel level, which pays tribute to one of Icho's levels from United. Obviously I've done something right with them, as they are apparently well-liked enough to be nomination worthy

I nominated your sport level :D

I’ve finally been getting into Lemmings Uncharted a little; I guess Lemmings United is still way out of my league (even though I was one of the pre-testers, but I don’t recall having made it far beyond the first rank

Glad to hear that :thumbsup:
I really enjoyed making my first level pack and learned a lot from it. I can see many things I could've done better.(bad music choice, several level relying on fiddly and obscure tricks, wonky difficulty curve etc...) Good luck and have fun! :thumbsup:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]