Author Topic: [SUG] Swimmer skill upgrades  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Floyd Brannon

• View Profile
Re: [SUG] Swimmer skill upgrades
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2023, 11:14:32 PM »
It would be cool to make (all water) levels. with no ground. Someone will probably do this even if it is just a simple level. But the more complexities we can add within water the more levels we can make.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2024, 01:16:26 AM »
Revisited the idea of assigning Blockers to Swimmers today.

Previously, the sprite-swap was the only thing holding this back. It required an additional "Swimblocker" lem state, which was piggybacking regular Blocker code for its implementation whilst relying on the real-time sprite swap for its visual effect - messy, and the Renderer really didn't agree with what I was trying to do.

So, this time around I've opted to simply equip the existing Blocker with the ability to "tread water" - we draw the sprite behind the water object and have it move up and down slightly, achieving more or less the same effect as the previous Swimblocker sprite-swap:

Very happy with how this has turned out. Let's give it a try in 2.7 and see if we like it; we can always revert back if not.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 05:14:34 AM by WillLem »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2024, 02:44:35 AM »
I think it looks pretty awesome!
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2024, 02:22:49 AM »
There's a known bug in 2.7 where Blockers are always drawn to the lower layer, even when not in water. This is now fixed (Commit 646ae1c03); I'll get a hotfix released in due course.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2024, 06:34:07 PM »
Thinking about it, Swimmers being able to jump out of water should really have been a feature in the Lemmings clone for Linux, named "Pingus" :D ...
Because while we were wondering about how this is physically possible, penguins can definitely do that!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels