Author Topic: Level Design Contest #28  (Read 3384 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #28
« on: May 13, 2023, 07:12:45 PM »
Welcome to another contest of the Lemmingsforums! This time the three rules have been picked by Simon for winning contest #27.

A few words to new participants and forum members: If you haven't entered before, I strongly encourage you to try - even if you don't win, it's fun to participate; and we have had cases where first-time entrants have won before! There are three choices of rules given, you may enter one level for EACH one of the rules.
You may either use new format NeoLemmix, or Lix.
If you have more than one entry, they may (but do not have to) be for the same engine. Please make sure you tested your level for basic solvability before submitting and be sure to also submit any custom tileset you are using, so others have no problem playing your level. ;)

Pre contest testing: You can choose 1-2 persons who do a bit of pre-testing for you, so that the biggest backroutes and screw-ups of your levels can be detected before the playing phase. I cannot control this so it's only a guideline, but still I would prefer not everyone knows every level before the playing phase starts. ;)

Here are the rules on how the submission deadlines work:
- Initial submission phase deadline will extend such that it's 72 hours from the time of the last submission, up to the 5th submission (inclusive). After this it no longer changes no matter what.
- Update phase deadline will not extend over the initial dead line!
- Even if you missed the cutoff date for the initial submission phase, late entries are accepted until the update phase ends. There is no penalty for a late entry, beyond that people are less likely to spend as much time on the level before voting begins.

And here is the new ruleset:

Rule 1: Four Corners

-  Put exactly four entrances, one near each corner.
  -  Put exactly one exit, near the center.
  -  Set the save requirement high enough so that we can't ignore an entrance entirely.
  -  No horizontal or vertical wraparound (in Lix).
   - No teleporters (in NeoLemmix).

The terrain can be anything, with as much or as little interplay between entrances as you like. Map dimensions can be as large or small as you like, whether square, tall, or wide. Pre-placed lemmings are okay as long as we must save some lemmings from each hatch.

Rule 2: At the Zoo

Make a level depicting an animal.

The animal might be the entire level, or it might be a smaller part of the terrain. It should be of significant size and play a significant role in the solution. The shape of the terrain counts; you may ignore color.

Rule 3: Miniature

-  The level's width is at most 320 (Lix) or 160 (NeoLemmix); it may be smaller.
  -  The level's height is at most 200 (Lix) or 100 (NeoLemmix); it may be smaller.
  -  Have 9 or fewer lemmings.
  -  Give 9 or fewer skills.

Pre-placed lemmings, neutrals, zombies, ... are allowed, but count towards the maximum of 9 lemmings. Pickup skills are allowed, but count towards the total of 9 skills. The skill limit is about total skill usages, not about different skills.

Submission phase ends June 30th 2023 at 00:00 UTC.

Ruleset in detail again: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2246.0

Send me a personal message with your level/s and if needed tileset/s to participate. It would also be nice to also tell me the rule which each level satisfies.

Please use the following naming format:  User1_Levelname_R3V1.nxlv ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 1 of the level

Prize selection:
- US $5.00
- Pick next contest's rules

Entries so far: 21

- Armani (3)
- IchoTolot (3)
- NieSch (3)
- Kingshadow (3)
- kaywhyn (3)
- geoo (3)
- Apjjm (1)
- Simon (2)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:47:33 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #28
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 08:58:45 PM »
First entries coming in! Reminder to start/keep working on them! ;)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 06:01:17 PM »
Let's go again!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 04:03:18 PM »
Reminder to start/keep working on your entries! :)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 07:57:07 PM »
Woot woot, got two done! :thumbsup: R2 will need more time, especially as I'm not so good at art. Will be back with that one at a later time, if I'm able to make one :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 04:11:25 PM »
Only a couple of days left! Get your entries in!