Poll

Which would you prefer when the timer runs out? (in both of these cases, visual and sound cues will alert the player that the overtime state is active)

Lemmings walk past the exit and remain active in the level (i.e. skills will be assignable to them)
3 (33.3%)
Lemmings fall asleep in front of the exit, remaining stationary and non-assignable (thus simulating exit behaviour without actually exiting)
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 15, 2023, 01:49:34 AM

Author Topic: [SUG] End-of-play conditions  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Floyd Brannon

• View Profile
Re: [SUG] End-of-play conditions [POLL - vote now]
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 03:33:05 AM »
Your sleeper already looks about the same or better. I didn't know you had it this far done.
It's more polished than having them all stuck at the door for sure.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [SUG] End-of-play conditions
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2023, 02:43:37 AM »
This sleeper looks great! I kinda wish he'd stand there another frame or two after putting his hat on though.

I've made the work-in-progress sprite 24 frames long with a loopback to frame 16; this is so that there's 8 frames of playing room with things like timing etc before we settle on a final version.

In the ones I sent you, try setting the loop to a later frame (such as 20 - this is done in scheme.nxmi under $SLEEPER) and then copy 4 frames of just "standing up" before the lem begins to lie down. Since the last 8 frames are identical, they can just be overwritten as needed.

EDIT: Incidentally, the poll closed at 6:3 in favour of the Sleeper, so I think we can call it there.