Author Topic: Question about hires physics in NeoLemmix  (Read 2690 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
Question about hires physics in NeoLemmix
« on: April 19, 2023, 02:00:24 PM »
Hello there,

I was browsing a bit through the neolemmix code and would like to know if my assumptions are right...

The highresolution mechanics is basically lowresolution.
For this purpose a "Physics" bitmap is created, which - I presume - is a downscaled version of the highres actual terrainbitmap which is rendered to screen.
When changing the terrain (building, digging, exploding etc.) *both* bitmaps (lowres physics and acual highres terrain) are updated.
Is this about correct?
And how about the FootX and FootY position of lemmings and triggerarea's?

Thanks in advance!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Question about hires physics in NeoLemmix
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 05:06:49 AM »
Even in low res, two seperate bitmaps are used. Only the visual bitmap is ever high-res; the physics one is always low-res. There are no physics differences between the modes, it's purely visual.

The lemming's foot position works the same way it does in Lemmix; ie: it is one pixel inside the terrain.

Trigger areas work somewhat like Lemmix, but with more than one trigger area map (for different kinds of objects). There's no restriction to 4x4 regions; they can be any size / position.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)