Author Topic: [Audio Tools] MP3/WAV/M4A to OGG Converter  (Read 3191 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[Audio Tools] MP3/WAV/M4A to OGG Converter
« on: July 01, 2023, 03:12:46 AM »

OGG Converter is a simple audio processing tool that converts most common audio formats (MP3, WAV, M4A, etc) to lossless OGG Vorbis format.

The main benefit of this is reduced file size without losing any audio quality. Ideal for storing large quantities of audio files, and also for processing music/sound for your lemmings level packs! ;P

The program is very simple: just click "Select Files" to choose the files you want to convert, and "Convert" to convert them!

Things to note:

OGG Converter is 32-bit, but should work on both 32 and 64-bit Windows operating systems - let me know if it doesn't.

The conversion process doesn't delete or overwrite the original source file (yet), so this must be done manually unless you wish to keep both files.

Supported formats: Unfortunately, MOD and IT formats currently aren't supported due to either not being able to load, or errors during the conversion process. The most common audio formats, such as WAV, MP3, M4A, AAC and FLAC should all work just fine.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

DISCLAIMER: Whilst I have done my best to fully test this program before releasing it, I cannot make any guarantees about its stability at this early stage in its development. It's best to backup your files first before processing them using this tool, and then check that the resulting files work correctly before deleting the originals (should you wish to do so). I cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss of data you may experience as a result of using this tool.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 04:42:43 PM by WillLem »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: [Audio Tools] MP3/WAV/M4A to OGG Converter
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 08:15:31 PM »
I want to use this, but it stops with an error.

I saw it needs bass.dll and tried placing it in the SLX folder. But then it stops and asks for the next missing file.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 08:20:09 PM »
yeah it does the same for me (crashes with the same message)

When I want to convert  audio files (ie to .ogg), I find online ones to do it too.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 06:37:53 PM »
Ah, apologies. I've now included the necessary bass.dll plus encoders in the zip. Should work now :thumbsup: