Author Topic: [Neolemmix] Mikes Lemmings Version 2 [Difficulty:Medium-Hard ]  (Read 5775 times)

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Mikes Lemmings Version 2 [Difficulty:Medium-Hard ]
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2023, 10:59:39 AM »
I have uploaded the version 1.06 of the pack. It contains two new levels , and two updated levels .

First of all , it contains  the vesrsion 1.01 of Rigel 10 - "Cyberlems 2555 - part 1" , and Rigel 11 - "Cyberlems 2555 - part 2".

It contains , a small change on these levels ( the bulders that provided as a pick-up skill have been reduced from 6 to 5 ). With these changes , the way Kaywhyn handled the last part of the solutions of these levels , is now part of their intended solutions too.

Secondly , it contains  a new level. The level is Bonus 5 - "In the Sight of the Colossus" . That level contains AI art .
In order to play it , you will need an updated version of the "turrican special" tileset . I have attached it in the first post.

Also the version 1.02 of "Cyberlems 2555"  , appears now in the Bonus rank , as "Cyberlems 2555 - Part Zero" . The level is practically the same as "Cyberlems 2555 - part 2" , but it has a small difference compared to that level :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's for the ones that want to try the level with fewer assists. if you don't want to play the level , your replay of  "Cyberlems 2555 - part 2" , will also , solve this level .

I have uploaded also , the updated replay collection , which also contains , the replays of the updated and new levels .

Also , I have uploaded , the updated version of the soundtrack of the pack , in my dropbox , and I have posted , in the first post , the link for my dropbox , which contains , the updated soundtrack , of my pack.

Here is how the new level looks :

My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2024, 10:52:37 PM »
Hi Turrican,

I have played your new AI generated levels and my replays are attached. They are visually stunning, especially Bonus 7, as well as very nice challenging levels. At the same time, Bonus 7 wasn't exactly fun for me IMO, especially with the repeated stacking to get higher and having to deal with climber problems being blocked from getting higher. In fairness, that is exactly the problem with very large pure vertical scrolling levels and when there isn't much terrain to be able to get high. That being said, perhaps some builders can be thrown into the mix while eliminating some stackers? That would make the level way less tedious to play and be a big improvement IMO. However, because we know how builders can break a level easily, some experimenting would be needed to see what the ideal amount is. That is, if these 3 levels can even be backrouted, which I doubt. That being said, the only one that looked a bit hackish was Bonus 6, but only the part where I deal with the zombies. Otherwise, the solution looks fine and I still ended up using all the skills. On the other hand, I have some skills to spare on both Bonus 5 and 7, but I'm thinking these solutions are fine and that I was simply slightly more efficient than how you did them. I'll make sure to check your videos/replays!

Overall, these are great additions to the Bonus rank! :thumbsup: Bonus 5 was probably my favorite one even if there isn't much of a puzzle there, while Bonus 6 is great for the puzzle of figuring out how to get the fencer pickups but I don't yet see the point of the zombies in the level ???

For Dodochacalo's level you converted to NL, I already played that from your SuperLemmini Remix pack, as well as recently played that level again as intended on Lemmini, hence I felt no need to play it again. Same thing with Cyberlems 2555 Part 0, as I already solved that one months ago and once again don't see the need to do so again :P

I'm guessing this will be final as to any new additions to the pack and therefore going forward any new levels would probably go into a potential Mike's Lemmings 3 or something?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2024, 11:13:20 PM »
I have uploaded, the version 1.07 of the pack. It contains a new level. That level is : Sun 6 - ''Joe's Money Vault'' . 

I have upladed also , the updated replay collection, which also, contains , the replay of the solution , of the new level.

Also I have uploaded , the updated version of the soundtrack of the pack , in my dropbox , and I have posted , in the first post , the link for my dropbox , which contains , the updated soundtrack , of my pack.

Here is how the level looks :

My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q