Author Topic: Jackbox returns! Sunday 2nd April 2023 17:30 UTC (18:30 UK)  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Jackbox returns! Sunday 2nd April 2023 17:30 UTC (18:30 UK)
« on: March 20, 2023, 05:55:56 PM »
Jackbox returns after having no session on the forums since October 2021!

After discussion, myself and Kingshadow decided on Sunday 2nd April at 17:30 UTC to play (this will be 18:30 UK time).
Please let us know in this topic if you plan on coming to the session, or if you can't because the time is inconvenient also let us know! :thumbsup:

We'll be hosting the game on the LF forum discord server using the voice chat rooms (Pillar room/Brick room), voice chat is not essential but recommended for some of the Jackbox games for best results.
The game is brought to you using the discord screenshare feature, we host the game and no downloads or applications are necessary on your end. You just need to go to jackbox.tv to play the game.
Link to the LF forum discord server if you have not already joined https://discord.gg/2MyfSfN

The sessions usually go on until a large amount of players have decided to leave the session, average session length has been around 5 hours, we can go on longer if there is significant demand to though.

Everyone is welcome, it's not just for people who have played before in these sessions! :thumbsup:

Myself and Kingshadow will be hosting this session and we'll alternate between hosting throughout the session to cut down on waiting time between games.
We also have access to all 9 of the Party Packs between us.

What is Jackbox?

Jackbox is a long running series of Party games which have been annually getting released every year since 2014 and Party Pack 9 is the latest installment which was released in Oct 2022.
Games vary from drawing, putting witty responses to questions, to strange general knowledge. A lot of games are different while some are sequels to previous games which are considered legendary.

The way the games are played are through a browser on a PC/Laptop or you can also play on your phone/tablet devices at jackbox.tv . The way we play, you'll need discord open to view the game being played via screenshare but also you'll need a way to input the answers to the game via an internet browser.

While there is a limit on how many people can play at once, we haven't really had such massive turnouts that this has been a problem in the past, we can always play a game twice if the amount of players outweigh the capacity the game can take at the time.

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
Re: Jackbox returns! Sunday 2nd April 2023 17:30 UTC (18:30 UK)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 05:59:04 PM »
The way that the session will be planned is that half of the Jackbox games are picked from a list we have already chosen from (About 1 per pack with a backup pick if that game is picked) in order to reduce the number of times we need to switch packs. People that attend will be able to decide the other half. I will use a wheel to pick out a player to choose a Jackbox game they want to play.

You're allowed to pick from the following games (Assuming that they have not been played in the session yet):

Quiplash* (Defaults to Quiplash 2 [Pack 3])
You Don't Know Jack (YDKJ: Full Stream [Pack 5])
Drawful* (Defaults to Drawful Animate [Pack 8])
Fibbage* (Defaults to Fibbage 4 [Pack 9])
Trivia Murder Party* (Defaults to TMP2 [Pack 6])
Bidiots [Pack 2]
Earwax [Pack 2]
Tee K.O. [Pack 3]
Guesspionage [Pack 3]
Monster Seeking Monster [Pack 4]
Survive the Internet [Pack 4]
Bracketeering [Pack 4]
Civic Doodle [Pack 4]
Split the Room [Pack 5]
Mad Verse City [Pack 5]
Patently Stupid [Pack 5]
Dictionarium [Pack 6]
Joke Boat [Pack 6]
Role Models [Pack 6]
Push the Button [Pack 6]
The Devils and the Details [Pack 7]
Champ'd Up [Pack 7]
Talking Points [Pack 7]
Blather 'Round [Pack 7]
Job Job [Pack 8]
The Poll Mine [Pack 8]
Wheel of Enormous Proportions [Pack 8]
Weapons Drawn [Pack 8]
Roomerang [Pack 9]
Nonsensory [Pack 9]
Junktopia [Pack 9]
Quixort [Pack 9]

*For the case of series games such as Quiplash, Fibbage and Trivia Murder Party. We'll play a specific version of it if you specifically ask for it. The exception being YDKJ as the one in Pack 1 only supports 4 players and no audience.

Forbidden games (These Jackbox games cannot be selected):
Word Spud [Pack 1]
Lie Swatter [Pack 1]
Bomb Corp [Pack 2]
Fakin' it [Pack 3]
Zeeple Dome [Pack 5]

If you have anymore questions about the session. Please respond below. :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 08:11:20 PM by Kingshadow3 »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 11:00:19 AM »
Just a reminder that this is still planned to happen this Sunday, hope to see you all there! :lix-evil:

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 04:48:24 PM »
I am planning on coming, the time is fine.

Seeing as a new pack has released whilst we haven't really playing Jackbox should I go and familiarize myself with a basic understanding of how the pack 9 games play beforehand or is it going to be a "lets learn the new pack together" type session?

Looking forward to playing with you all again :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 07:47:45 PM »
Seeing as a new pack has released whilst we haven't really playing Jackbox should I go and familiarize myself with a basic understanding of how the pack 9 games play beforehand or is it going to be a "lets learn the new pack together" type session?

If you're referring to what we did the week pack 8 released back in October 2021 where we played all 5 games one after another then it's not going to be one of those sessions.

Myself and Kingshadow are already very familiar with the pack 9 games from playing with another community while I was away from the discord. And I assume namida and mantha would have played pack 9 with bleakcreep's community streams.

We will play pack 9 at some point during the session I'm sure of it, it's more of a session where we have a system in place to let people have a say in what we play since it worked well on that session where everyone picked their favourite game.

Here are the pack 9 games and what kind of games they are:

Fibbage 4 - the sequel game for this pack, you should be familiar with this game if you've ever played a session with us. If I recall Silken you picked Fibbage 3 as your pick when we played that Best of Jackbox session.

Nonsensory - hard to explain this one, it's drawing or words but you have to word or draw your answer to match the rank out of 10 of what it is describing. Eg. Draw a toy which is 40% broken.
Then everyone else has to guess what the original number you were given which in the example would be 40% and you get points based on how right everyone was and they get points too for how accurate they were. It's one of those games where it makes sense after a few gos.

Junktopia - this one you have to give an interesting story to an item which you purchase at the start of the game then people vote for the best one.

Roomerang - this one plays out like a reality TV show and people get voted out after each task.

Quixort - this one is a bit general knowledge but in the form of falling blocks and you place them on the ground based on where they fit. Eg. They might ask you to arrange things by length or size. This one is similar to Poll Mine from pack 8 in the form of there are 2 teams in this game and voice chat between teams can be helpful.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 08:32:27 PM »
If you're referring to what we did the week pack 8 released back in October 2021 where we played all 5 games one after another then it's not going to be one of those sessions.

Was more just wondering if I should lookup the pack 9 games beforehand or if we'd all be relatively new to the pack 9 games, but thanks

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2023, 11:13:58 PM »
I plan on joining, not sure if I can at the very start but we'll see.

Was more just wondering if I should lookup the pack 9 games beforehand or if we'd all be relatively new to the pack 9 games, but thanks

I would at least watch a few videos or something of that nature, to get a basic understanding; some of them are a tad complex, if memory serves.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 01:15:34 PM »
@silken the only game really I think is super worth looking up is quixort but that is rage inducing to play if people don't understand it lol but I don't think you would struggle based on your previous jackbox experience