Author Topic: [SUG] Option to auto-cancel replay upon restarting the level  (Read 1037 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG] Option to auto-cancel replay upon restarting the level
« on: April 15, 2023, 04:00:49 AM »
This post makes me think that the auto-replay mode when restarting a level should always be optional.

At the moment, Classic Mode disables replay features altogether. But, people might want to auto-cancel replaying when not in Classic Mode. Yes, you can just click in midair to cancel the replay, but there is nothing prompting users to do so and I remember it being particularly irksome before I got used to it.

So, I've now added auto-cancel-after-Restart as a side-effect of unchecking "Replay After Backwards Framesteps." If people think that's sufficient, then I won't do anything else. But, if it should be a separate option, then I can look at adding this to the Config as well.

Note that SuperLemmix currently auto-cancels the replay after reloading from the level select screen or the preview/postview screens; this feature was added in the most recent update.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 12:42:40 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [SUG][SLX] Option to auto-cancel replay upon restarting the level
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 09:17:44 PM »
OK, I've gone ahead and implemented this as its own config option in Commit 14b8c69. It's possible that users may want to replay after making backwards skips, but not after restarting the level (or vice versa), so this is now possible.