Author Topic: [SLX] Upcoming features | Release schedule  (Read 4343 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SLX] Upcoming features | Release schedule
« on: March 03, 2023, 12:57:28 PM »
Upcoming Features - Implemented for next release (2.8)

Nothing to see here yet.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 06:32:11 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SLX] Upcoming features | Release schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 11:01:49 PM »
Wish List for the future

This is the current wish list for SuperLemmix. Whilst the aim is to get all of these ideas implemented sooner or later, some of it might not be possible, and some of it might just not happen, so please don't take any of it as a promise

I'll aim to keep this list as up to date as possible.

:lemming: Rival lems: allow levels to feature 2 teams of lemmings, each of which have their own exit - lems exiting from the opposite team will count as -1 towards the save requirement. This will make the 2-Player levels much more interesting to play!

:lemming: Zombie-only exits with reverse logic (i.e. a normal lemming exiting via a zombie exit reduces the save count by 1) - and, a "Save All Zombies" talisman as compliment

:lemming: (Possibly) combine all bonus levels, Covox and Prima into a single pack within the DMA Compilation

:lemming: Move New Year Lemmings to Xmas Lemmings group and re-title the group to "Holiday Lemmings"

:lemming: Move postview cursor hotspot position to the blue "Zs"

:lemming: Add mouseover hints to all level select and config menu items

:lemming: Add mouseover hints to all skill panel buttons (make this optional)

:lemming: New skills:
:lemming: Allow style theme to replace in-game sounds

:lemming: Apply recolouring scheme to trap animations

:lemming: Dynamically resize the skill panel along with the game window - progress on this is slow, but I think I've located most of the code that will need tweaking for this to happen

:lemming: Make screens Fade In as well as Fade Out, to make between-screen transitions smoother and more Amiga-esque

:lemming: Give Orig and OhNo styles independent Hi-Res counterpart graphics

:lemming: New objects: SLX will be getting the neutralizer/denautralizer and portals from NL once they've gone stable. Meanwhile, I've decided not to add skill assigners/de-assigners as I feel they're not a good fit for SLX

:lemming: Show "total play time" as a separate statistic to "time to reach SR"

:lemming: Customisable hotkeys in Editor

The following are currently unlikely to go ahead due to difficulties with implementation, but are listed here anyway just in case - these ideas may be revisited at a later date:

:lemming: Add Visual SFX (similar to - or the same as - those seen in WinLemm and SuperLemminiToo)

:lemming: Possible updates to steel physics, as follows:
Steel Physics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:28:40 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SLX] Upcoming features | Release schedule
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 12:59:36 AM »
SuperLemmix Release Schedule

:lemming: SuperLemmix 2.7.1

The next release is due within the next few weeks, and implements the features listed here as well as a number of other bugfixes and general updates.

:lemming: Editor 2.7

The Editor has been updated to support the new features added in SuperLemmix 2.7 - the two have been released together as a package, as usual.

:lemming: Styles 2.7

The styles have also been updated, and are released as a separate optional download at the same time as the Player/Editor package.

Currently, the plan is for the styles to continue to be maintained manually and independently - the online Style Manager will not be returning to SuperLemmix for the foreseeable future. All required styles will always be available within the main SuperLemmix download,

Future updates

By the end of 2024, I hope to release SuperLemmix 3.0, which should be seen as a more-or-less "complete" version in which there are unlikely to be any further big changes such as those that have already been implemented. At that point, SuperLemmix can begin to be viewed as "stable" and unlikely to deviate too far from its current state.

With that said, I plan to continue developing SuperLemmix for the forseeable future, and welcome any suggestions that you might wish to make.

Only features listed here are confirmed for inclusion in SuperLemmix - all other features should be considered as either "might happen if it's possible" or "discussion pending".

Please check back regularly to see what's coming in the future, and feel free to make any suggestions by posting a [SUG] topic on the SuperLemmix board if you'd like to see anything that isn't already on the list.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:26:09 PM by WillLem »