Author Topic: [SLX] SuperLemmix Level Sharing Topic  (Read 8369 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SLX] SuperLemmix Level Sharing Topic
« on: March 02, 2023, 02:21:31 AM »
A topic for sharing your levels made for SuperLemmix

Please note:

:lemming: Please use this topic to share individual or non-grouped levels only. Any packs, however small, should be shared in their own topic.

:lemming: SuperLemmix only ships with the styles, music tracks, sounds etc to run its included levels. If you wish to use different assets please include them with your level.

:lemming: Please note that some styles from NeoLemmix which include custom sprites will be incompatible due to missing the "dangler", "freezer", "looker", "thrower" and "timebomber" sprites. If you wish to update these styles to include the sprites so that you can use them in your levels, be sure to get permission from the style creator first.

:lemming: Be aware that whilst SuperLemmix will be able to run most NeoLemmix levels, some may not be cross-compatible. If you wish to share your NeoLemmix levels, please check compatibility with the latest version of SuperLemmix before posting. Here is a topic addressing the specific issues you may encounter when porting levels across. There is also a handy list of the main differences between NeoLemmix and SuperLemmix here, for easy reference.

Thanks, and enjoy sharing your levels!

Here's a very quick and fun level just to get the ball rolling 8-) ;P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 02:48:31 PM by WillLem »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmix] Level Sharing Topic
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:48:28 AM »
My grenader level "You Scratch My Brick". (I think the skillset is correct, but I was going from memory.) I'm happy for this to be added to a SuperLemmix intro pack or forum collaborative pack if one emerges, since I don't intend to make a full SuperLemmix pack.

EDIT: Replaced the level file with one with the correct skillset :P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 09:24:00 PM by Proxima »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 1.1.2, Editor 1.1 Release Topic [UPDATE]
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 12:26:04 AM »
Here are Ron Stards' recreation of the ZX spectrum levels. I noticed his NES ones were there, so I figured why not have the ZX Spectrum levels too.

Also I changed all the levels with bombers in them to timed bombers.

and also here is the only zx spectrum tune that was in that version.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 01:16:22 AM »
Thanks for these, Eric. I'll make a logo based on jKapp's and include this pack with the next SLX release :thumbsup:

By the way, has anyone ported the PS3 levels yet? They're full of pickups and teleporters, so are prime levels for inclusion in NL/SLX

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 03:40:59 AM »
By the way, has anyone ported the PS3 levels yet? They're full of pickups and teleporters, so are prime levels for inclusion in NL/SLX

Pack attached. Taken from this topic, levels were recreated by Minim. Note I haven't tried any of these or have ever played the actual game on a PS3, nor cheked if the pack needs to be upgraded due to NL changes since the pack's latest release. However, Nessy has made sure it works in New Formats NL, but that was back in 2018, so again not sure if the pack needs to be upgraded to account for any changes since.

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2824.0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:46:07 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 09:47:56 PM »
Thanks, kaywhyn.

It's a fairly small and relatively easy (and very backroutable ;P) pack, so I'll get it tested when I have some spare time.

Just a thought, I'm currently considering pickup skills for culling, so... the levels may have to be tweaked for inclusion in SLX.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 10:01:28 AM »

Lemmina Croft

Edit: I removed the attachment. You can find the mini-pack Tomb Rodents including this level here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6252
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 05:59:40 PM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 03:45:51 PM »
Solved Niesch's level
nice level

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 04:05:59 PM »
Thanks! Nice solution. :)

I really like the possibilities the grenader and spearer have to offer. You can also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I've made a V2 (see above) and attached below is my solution to it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:43:36 PM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 10:49:21 PM »
Here's my solution for V2

I think there are many solutions.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2023, 11:12:30 PM »
@WillLem

Suggestion: In the OP, link to the experimentals new skills levels topic from before it was decided that the grenadier/spearer wouldn't make the cut for NL. Alternatively, if you downloaded the NL experimentals for the new skills and the levels themselves from that topic from a while back, you can just take those levels from the experimental directory and copy them over to your SuperLemmix directory. In any case, the previous versions of those levels should still all work fine in SLX, even if some of them were updated later to work without the grenadier/spearer. For those in which the early level versions no longer exist, you could always ask the author if they still have them or anyone who might had downloaded all of them. I myself only have up to V2 of the experimental, so I won't be much help here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 02:55:04 AM »
Thanks kaywhyn, good tip.

This is the topic being referred to. If anyone wants to have a look at these and make sure they're all playable in SLX, that would be brilliant.

One this to bear in mind, though, is that the Grenader and Spearer skills now have a "Looker" state, which is 14 frames as opposed to the 8 frames of the "Shrugger" state. Also, any of these levels that use Stoners may need that skill changing to Freezers, Blockers or Stackers, whichever seems more appropriate for how the skill is used. Just something to take into account if testing these levels prior to the next release.

Also - if any levels do need to be modified, be sure to ask the author. I can't see anyone minding, since it means their levels will once again be playable, but always best to check first.

If I get time, I will definitely have a look at them myself, but any and all help at the moment is very much appreciated :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 01:07:17 PM by WillLem »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2023, 06:06:53 AM »
Here's my solution for V2

I think there are many solutions.

Sure, it's an open-ended level. I think I'll make a few more levels like this with spearers and grenaders, featuring Lemmina Croft. And make a mini-pack of it called Tomb Rodents. :laugh:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2023, 04:27:03 AM »
Some levels featuring projectile skills, plus the Kill All Zombies talisman. The first one is a straight-up puzzle, Part II is more of an open-ended level with challenging talismans.

Enjoy!

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
The Bizzard of Lemm for SLX
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 06:33:06 PM »
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZvLaNVZMqh9rrzyBVjhC1rqeDwAyJedPbjX

This is a level pack I put together in 2015 for Super Lemmini, updated for Super Lemmix.
This is 65 levels of Snow/xmas themed levels in four ranks made by members of the Lemmings community
long ago. I originally wanted to make this because I created the santa suit lemming animations for Super
Lemmini and wanted a level pack to come out at the same time.

Lots of thanks to Kaywhyn for converting the Super Lemmini pack so I could get this all started.

*Updated to version 1.4
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 01:02:06 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp