Author Topic: [SLX] Lemmings - To the Rescue! (8 Levels) [V2 UPDATE]  (Read 1099 times)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
[SLX] Lemmings - To the Rescue! (8 Levels) [V2 UPDATE]
« on: November 29, 2023, 02:07:46 AM »

16 Levels made to show off my new "rescue" idea - each level features a number of neutral lemmings which must be rescued by the regular lemmings.

This pack also shows off the new features of SLX including the Ballooner and Ladderer skills, as well as making use of many of those little differences SLX has too.

Version 2 features a number of revisions by WillLem, including a group of easier versions of the levels. This version also fixes the levels and ensures that all lemmings which are meant to be neutrals are now neutrals.

To install, unzip the attached folder to your SuperLemmix directory.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 11:41:06 PM by WillLem »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: [SLX] Lemmings - To the Rescue! (8 Levels)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 11:23:47 PM »
I'm curious if anyone has beaten the last level. I wanted to rely on some mechanics specific to SLX to beat it.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Herby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 11:19:59 AM »
What is a style on level 6? Please, give me it.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 01:39:14 AM »
Finally got around to playing through these! Some decent levels here - good work for a first pack :thumbsup:

I was able to solve levels 1, 3, 4 and 7. I had a few SLX-mechanic-specific ideas for level 8 which unfortunately didn't work, noted here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is a style on level 6? Please, give me it.

Confirmed - there is a piece in this level which is not available in the latest SLX download.

@jkapp76 - please include all styles used in your pack with the download. Yes, we can do our best to make sure that we keep the main styles folder up to date, but it's generally good practice to include all the styles you've used just in case there are any custom pieces. That way, players have everything they need to play through your pack.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 11:40:31 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SLX] Lemmings - To the Rescue! (8 Levels) [V2 UPDATE]
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 02:09:58 PM »
Version 2 uploaded. This includes the jkapp_special style which is required to play level 6, plus a new group of easier versions of the levels to help introduce the new features.

A number of backroutes have also been fixed by ensuring that all lemmings which are supposed to be neutrals are now neutrals.

Enjoy!

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 03:58:45 AM »
Thanks Will for updating the pack and getting the missing style pieces out so people can play it. I did think the styles were included with SLX but I didn't check first.

I've been busy with a new grandkid (I'm a grandpa now), and helping another kid move out. Once things settle down some I'm sure I'll be on here alot more again.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 06:39:54 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 07:08:32 PM »
Thanks Will for updating the pack and getting the missing style pieces out so people can play it. I did think the styles were included with SLX but I didn't check first.

I've been busy with a new grandkid (I'm a grandpa now), and helping another kid move out. Once things settle down some I'm sure I'll be on here alot more again.

No worries at all, glad to help. Congratulations on becoming a Grandpa! :thumbsup: