Author Topic: [FEAT] Replay "R" icon is now animated and click-to-cancel  (Read 275 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[FEAT] Replay "R" icon is now animated and click-to-cancel
« on: March 11, 2024, 09:02:26 PM »
8-)

The replay "R" icon now has a simple 2-frame animation to increase visibility, and is clickable to cancel the replay. It works for both standard and insert mode (previously, insert could only be cancelled with a hotkey).

Hopefully, this will help out any new users who haven't yet figured out the hotkeys or the click-anywhere-to-cancel behaviour.

Feedback welcome!

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [FEAT] Replay "R" icon is now animated and click-to-cancel
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 10:29:54 AM »
Neat! I somehow remember the "R" icon that grows and shrinks, but I don't know from where. Was that a SuperLemmix feature? Or from SuperLemmini?

Also, I see you were having fun toying around with the new skills on "The Grand Puzzle" from Lemmings World Tour... 8-) (I assume you took the level file from the unofficial conversion by jkapp, since there is no official release for SuperLemmix yet...)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [FEAT] Replay "R" icon is now animated and click-to-cancel
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 11:27:06 PM »
Neat! I somehow remember the "R" icon that grows and shrinks, but I don't know from where. Was that a SuperLemmix feature? Or from SuperLemmini?

It's from the Lemmini lineage, which itself borrows the graphic from Windows 95 Lemmings. The animation in the panel is a simple 2-frame animation, so it absolutely could be changed to be the shrinking/growing "R" instead if people prefer that. Or, we could add is as an alternative user mod in the graphics sharing topic.

Also, I see you were having fun toying around with the new skills on "The Grand Puzzle" from Lemmings World Tour... 8-) (I assume you took the level file from the unofficial conversion by jkapp

Yes, it's from jkapp's conversion; the original NL version does work in SLX anyway, though. It's a great level, and it's come in very handy for experimenting with various features! :thumbsup: