Author Topic: NeoLemmix will reintroduce timed bombers.  (Read 2153 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix will reintroduce timed bombers.
« on: April 01, 2023, 09:33:57 AM »
Well, timed bombers have been a constant request from new players in particular. Even some experienced players have occasionally had a very strong desire for them.

Bomber timing was removed from NeoLemmix because all it does is add execution difficulty that becomes almost meaningless in the face of NeoLemmix's framestepping and other advanced features. The bomber is actually a very versatile skill when the ability to use it precisely is there, but bomber timing made this very frustrating in practice.

However, NeoLemmix has indeed changed even further since then. In particular, we now have skill shadows, which would serve as an alternative means of assisting precise bombing. In light of this, I feel timed bombers could be reintroduced.

I know this will cause issues for existing content that relies on bombers in the first 5 seconds; this will break some of my levels too. But like many physics changes before, content will be able to adapt to this.

I guess it really came to this because the frequent requests, and the existence of a fork that originated with a goal of reading timed bombers, makes it clear. When it comes to timed bombers, there are people who are quite simply never gonna give it up, never gonna let it down, never gonna run around and desert it, never gonna make it cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt it. April fools, y'all. Nothing is changing.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)