Author Topic: Festival Millas 2022 - Release Thread  (Read 3947 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Festival Millas 2022 - Release Thread
« on: January 23, 2023, 12:14:28 AM »
Guess who miss the christmas deadline the first time in years?
Unforeseen circumstances and a very stressful time made it hard to finish this pack but hey, it's finally done. Please note I might take a mental break unless I feel a creative itch in my mind, I need to reassess and refresh myself, I want to get Millas done this year so if im not making a level for FM23 or FM19 Overhaul, I'm making a level for Millas and I'm focused on redoing a lot of levels and filling in spots that needed filling up a long time ago. With that being said without further ado

The Fifth of the Festival Millas packs, with this one have Space and IIDX Casthour influences This includes 35 Levels (and a credits level), 3 New Sets, Set updates and music to go with it.

Jupiter is the first and easiest of the 5 Ranks, as you trek through the early game. This is the first pack to feature remakes of my older levels such as this one here.
"A Spectacle as cold as the Night"

Past Jupiter is Saturn with it's rings, like the winter weather it's rings are made of rocks and ice. So expect things to pick up
"Have them exit first"

It's a planet that people have to pronounce differently because of how it sounds unaltered so if channels say it like "Ur-run-us" or "u-ran-oose" you now why. The middle rank where it's harder than most, but easier than the rest.
"Metal in our Affairs"

The fourth in outer space, named after the gods of the sea. Dear Neptune the punch pulling is off for this the further you are in the Galaxy, the colder it gets
"Chipping Address"

Named after Hades, Pluto is here (and I never used the Song Pluto or Pluto Relinquish dang it!) this is where all the brutal levels go and some are levels either I completed or Armani Completed
"The Ominous Plane"

Credits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Music Credit

Downloads
The Level Pack(Extract into your levels folder)
The Graphic Sets(extract in your neolemmix folder)
Music(Extract in the Music Folder)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Festival Millas 2022 - Release Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 01:25:25 PM »
Congrats on the release! :thumbsup: Onto my to LP list it goes, though it won't be for a while, as I still need to go through your FM2020 and FM2021 packs first ;) Thanks for the credits, and also being prompt on fixing Jupiter 4 to give it an assigned music track
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 10:59:13 PM »
Did a quick hot fix to add a missing credit, thanks to piece grouping I didn't need to update the sets.
Link is the same, just with the hotfix applied

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 05:09:40 AM »
I played and finished the pack including any Talismans. Wow some hard levels here, especially the rank finishers.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 05:51:11 PM »
Are Millas supposed to have their own graphics like Lemminas? Just asking because mine show up as standard lemmings.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 09:48:57 PM »
Are Millas supposed to have their own graphics like Lemminas? Just asking because mine show up as standard lemmings.

Yes they are, did you download the sets on the first post?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 01:21:47 AM »
Yes, I got the Milla graphics working.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 07:50:54 PM »
Do you have any plans to make high-res Millas?

I've been experimenting with some ideas.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:07:50 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 09:39:03 PM »
Do you have any plans to make high-res Millas?

I've been experimenting with some ideas.
Given how my mood hasn't been fully there this past month, I don't plan to at this current moment, I haven't had time to figure out the hi res stuff and admittedly I don't find it necessary

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2024, 11:12:18 PM »
Hello GigaLem,

I have played and solved all of the levels of the pack. My replays are attached. Also, link to my LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJt9rSz7I7zTJl3t6K-jQmhl. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

As mentioned on the menu title, Festival Millas 2022 is the fifth volume of the FM level pack series. It is another Christmas holiday-themed pack by GigaLem and Plom510, although the latter didn't make any levels for the pack but instead did the graphical designs and other behind-the-scenes work for the pack. Instead, except for 2 Pluto levels, all levels are by GigaLem. Some of these levels originally came from very early Christmas packs of GigaLem's, from the 2017 pack or earlier and were remade for inclusion in FM2022. I can't quite remember, but I believe some of those were ones I suggested to GigaLem to do a remake, as sometime ago I combed through all of GigaLem's packs and found plenty that would be great for a potential remake. Happy to see some of them in this pack! Most of the later ones did feel harder than where they originally came from, but as usual I love a challenge in Lemmings! :thumbsup:

The rank names are all the gas giant planets of our Solar System. Pluto is the final rank but is the exception as it's not a gas giant. In addition, as of 2007 it is no longer classified as a planet but rather a "dwarf planet." Hence, there are now only 8 planets in our Solar System instead of 9.

Also happy to see that I'm in the credits even though I didn't really contribute much for the pack! :laugh: Always nice to be honored this way in writing :thumbsup:

Jupiter Rank Feedback

The first rank of the pack, these were pretty nice levels overall. Even at the very end of the rank it doesn't get very difficult. However, there are some that suffer from repeated skill assignments being a little on the excessive side and hence are a bit of a personal dislike for me. 10 isn't that excessive, but it's kind of pushing it a bit. In some cases, I can understand why the level wouldn't work if they were preassigned the athlete skills at the start, but if it can work, then that's preferable so that the player doesn't have to assign those skills.

Saturn Rank Feedback

The 2nd rank and the next planet after Jupiter in the Solar System, these levels are much harder than the Jupiter levels. It already starts getting difficult in this rank! The justification here is that because there are less levels per rank, the difficulty climbs faster than the previous pack in the series did.

Uranus Rank Feedback

The levels here continue to be hard, though they still don't quite reach their highest point in difficulty. They're still high up in the difficulty, though!

Neptune Rank Feedback

The penultimate rank of the pack, even harder levels still

Pluto Rank Feedback

The final rank of the pack, the hardest levels are all here. Indeed, I found the entire rank to be slow going and Pluto 3 to be the only real breather of the rank.

With this, many thanks to GigaLem for this pack, as except for the few levels that I sadly raged on due to finding a really fiddly and overcomplicated solution, I really enjoyed it from start to finish. Definitely harder than the previous pack in the series, FM2021. So, I would rate this pack Medium - Very Hard difficulty-wise.

Now all caught up again and just one pack currently in the series until FM2024 gets released, which I'm thinking won't be released at the end of this year but at the beginning of next year. However, I think I'll be completely caught up before that happens, as I will probably give 3-4 months before I take on FM2023. Definitely looking forward to it and hopefully some of the points I critiqued here won't be as frequent there!

Right, onto the next pack to round off the month of March and then I'm ready to send in my nominations for LOTY2023 ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0