Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] PoPiPack  (Read 775 times)

Offline David

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] PoPiPack
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2024, 03:56:34 PM »
Pieuw, I finally solved Piquant 3 (see replay) :thumbsup:. However, I didn't use the kaywhyn trick and I didn't use the climber skill. So I think this is a backroute. :( I’ll be curious to know the intended solution. For me, this is the hardest level in the pack.

I didn't think there were so many backroutes in my solutions. In fact, as you specified that the progression curve was not "smooth", I wrongly thought that the difficulty was quite random. So, I wasn’t surprised to find rather easy levels in the last rank, and vice versa. Indeed, some levels in the first rank seemed quite difficult to me (Prosaic 7, Prosaic 8, and especially Prosaic 10).

My solution for Piquant 10 is therefore a huge backroute! :lem-shocked: It took me many hours to solve this level. Again, I would be curious to know what the intended solution is. It was, with Piquant 3, the level that was the most difficult for me to solve.

Regarding Pompous 7, I didn't think my solution was a backroute either. I found this level pretty awesome, and it took me a lot of attempts to find a coherent solution. :(

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2024, 06:13:29 PM »
Pieuw, I finally solved Piquant 3 (see replay) :thumbsup:. However, I didn't use the kaywhyn trick and I didn't use the climber skill. So I think this is a backroute. :( I’ll be curious to know the intended solution. For me, this is the hardest level in the pack.
This is a backroute indeed. If a solution requires such frame-by-frame "messy"skills assignment, you can safely assume this isn't what I intended :D Nevertheless, well done! You found a working solution and it's fine.
I really don't think this level is that hard, the intended solution is easy to execute and doesn't require any hard trick. It may be hard to figure out though :-[

I didn't think there were so many backroutes in my solutions. In fact, as you specified that the progression curve was not "smooth", I wrongly thought that the difficulty was quite random. So, I wasn’t surprised to find rather easy levels in the last rank, and vice versa. Indeed, some levels in the first rank seemed quite difficult to me (Prosaic 7, Prosaic 8, and especially Prosaic 10).
The levels are ordered by ranks which are meant to get harder and harder. I just sorted them pretty quickly based on my perspective only so this is why I said the difficulty curve may be bumpy. Also, the first rank gets a bit hard very quickly because I didn't really make easy levels except for the first two.

My solution for Piquant 10 is therefore a huge backroute! :lem-shocked: It took me many hours to solve this level. Again, I would be curious to know what the intended solution is. It was, with Piquant 3, the level that was the most difficult for me to solve.
False Happiness requires a very specific trick to be solved. You didn't use it so your solution is a backroute but this doesn't mean this is a bad solution. You got many things right, too! :thumbsup: I'm impressed you spent hours on it, I hope it didn't drive you crazy!

Would you like me to send you replays to these levels (Piquant 3, Piquant 10, Pompous 7)? Maybe more?. Or would you prefer some clues to try and solve them another way? You can PM me anytime :D

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 09:23:29 PM »
Thank you Pieuw for your detailed feedback. :) To begin with, I would like you to give me some clues to solve (in another way) the levels Piquant 3 and Piquant 10, because these are the two levels which were the most complicated for me. I will send you a PM if necessary. ;P