Poll

What do you think the directions should be?

Both face towards the wall
6 (50%)
Both face away from the wall
4 (33.3%)
No opinion
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: [DISC][PLAYER] Direction faced by Climbers and Sliders after skill remover  (Read 9817 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
The remover already does more than merely cancel abilities and activities: It pries lemmings horizontally out of the wall. Climbers have the pin inside the wall; this matters for oh-noers who don't fall. If the cancelled climber shall fall facing the wall, you must pry it horizontally out of the wall first to not have it walk and turn inside the wall.

Icho recommends firmly that removing the climbing ability should immediately cancel the climbing activity. Reason: The lemming has forgotten how to climb, and we shouldn't care if the game code tests that knowledge mid-climb or not. I'm not as dead set on activity cancelling, but there is good substance to Icho's argument.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Alright. Based on the slight preference towards it in the votes, and the fact that the arguments for it are a bit more compelling, we're going to go with faces towards the wall (ie: the behavior seen in the current experimental).

I personally thought facing away felt more natural, but I think at this point towards is the way to go.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)