Author Topic: Level Design Contest #26 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)  (Read 3695 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #26 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« on: September 08, 2022, 02:48:06 PM »
Note: This topic is ONLY for posting updates to your levels, or making late submissions. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss the levels, post replays, etc, please do so in the Discussion Topic.

Please follow these rules for updates:
1. When posting a new updated version of a level, remove any old updated versions of that level --> Have all your recent updates stored in 1 post! I will delete such old posts eventually if the author doesn't; so don't store any important information in them.
2. Make a new post for a new update; do not edit your most recent post. You may, however, post updates to multiple entries (if you have more than one) in the same post.
3. Use the same filename as found in the ZIP of the entered levels, with "V2" "V3" etc added at the end. No matter how minor an update is, give it a new number.
4. Do not post in this topic, unless it's to post an update to your levels. Use the discussion topic instead for anything else.

Please use the same naming format as in the zip file:  User1_Levelname_R3V5.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 5 of the level 

For late submissions also, please use the same kind of filename as is used in the main levels download - ie: your username, and "R1" "R2" or "R3" to mark which rule the level is for. Please be sure to check the original contest announcement topic for the rules; as the notes in the discussion topic are simply meant as reminders, not full explanations of the rules.

Please use the right naming format when posting updates! That would lead to less confusions and less work for everyone.

Link to discussion topic

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #26 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 04:45:27 PM »
R1

V2:

- The paws of the giant blocker are a bit smaller (three pixels lower) now which makes reaching the head of the blocker a bit harder. (Thanks to Armani.)

R2

V2:
- RR is locked now
- The lower left button is placed lower now so that you can't reach it with a climber. (The landscape at the right is lower now too.) (Thanks to SQron188.)

R3

V2:
- piece of water is wider now. (Thanks to kaywhyn.)
V3:
- instead of making the water wider, I placed it two pixels lower
V4
- I placed the third tree a bit higher and added a (Christmas) star on top of it so that it forms an extra obstacle. (Thanks to SQron188 for pointing out a backroute was possible by mining through the poor doggie ;))

My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 07:16:22 PM »
V4 for my R2 level.

V2: Changed up the exit area a bit.

V3: Added a steel block.

V4: More steel!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V2 of my R1 level.

Some miners are now pick-ups

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 09:15:42 AM »
Rule3 Yuna's Room
V2:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 07:31:37 AM »
Perilous Parkour Updates:
- V2: There is now an extra lip of terrain to the left of the exit.
- V3: There is now a weed trap embedded in the small steel wall.
- V4: Fixed an overhang that would permit a well-timed Jumper to evade the rightmost weed trap.
- V5: The exit is now higher up so you can't use Basher and Miner step tricks to reach it from below, and it's no longer possible to jump from the broken tree in the middle onto the lower path without the aid of a Glider.
- V6: The overhanging crystal with three radiating prisms is now a slightly different shape to prevent the use of a Shimmier to cross the crystal column below it.
- V7: Some one-way arrows have been added near to the rightmist vine trap to prevent some tricky Miner cheese.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 09:35:44 AM »
I'd like to enter a late submission. I made one level for each rule.

Rule 1 - Jumping Near The Water

V2 - Removed unnecessary talismans and timer.

Rule 2 - Blow Up The Wall!

Rule 3 - Race To Reach The Bottom

V2 - Removed the pickup skills to fit level entry requirements, changed the neutral hatch to a regular lemming hatch to fit level entry requirements, changed the name from "Race To Reach The Neutrals" to "Race To Reach The Bottom" due to the fact there are no longer any neutral hatches, added a 50 second time limit, removed some skills and made the save requirement 100%.

V3 - Gave infinte time.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 08:50:06 PM »
V17 of R1 uploaded!

Changelog History of R1:

V2 - Moved a fire trap, shifted a steel platform around the middle left area up, added some more steel, and replaced a trap with a different one to fix backroutes thanks to SQRon188

V3 - Added some more fire traps and some more steel to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V4 - Lowered a fire trap and added more fire traps and a small steel block to fix backroutes thanks to ericderkovits

V5 - Added some steel, replaced some water with fire traps, added some more fire traps, and shifted the far left middle section down some to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V6 - Modified the starting area a bit and added a flamethrower, added more steel blocks to the floating platform near the start, added a firebox, and a 3:45 timer to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V7 - Modified the floating steel platform right by the entrance by removing a steel block and replacing them with smaller square steel blocks, and shifted the upper left button over to the right a few pixels to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

V8 - Made the blockers pickups to fix backroutes thanks to Icho and Armani

V9 - Added some small square steel blocks to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

V10 - Shifted the entrance a few pixels to the right, shifted a flamethrower on its steel platform on the far upper right a few pixels down and to the left, and added another steel block to the floating steel platform near the entrance to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

V11 - 3 of the stackers are now pickups, a digger is a pickup, both stoners are pickups, added a steel block and erased a bit of the top of it, and shifted the flamethrower and its steel platformer on the far right so that it overlaps with the erased part of the steel to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

V12 - Added another small steel block to the floating platform right by the entrance and shifted the entrance a few more pixels to the right to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V13 - Decreased the stoner pickup near the entrance to have a quantity of 1, while moving the other stoner pickup to the far right upper area, replaced  two steel blocks with a right triangle steel block and added a small square steel block, and shifted the firebox trap several pixels to the left to fix backroutes thanks to Icho

V14 - Moved the digger pickup to be in midair and added another firebox trap to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V15 - Modified the terrain a bit on the upper far right by adding a vertical steel block and some more to the left and added a firebox to the left of the button, shifted the button a few pixels, and finally shifted the platform down several pixels to fix a timing element thanks to Armani that I at first said was an acceptable challenge solution but I later discovered the leftover skills would end up not requiring an extremely obscure trick

V16 - Added some steel blocks to reinforce a tiny thing for the start

V17 - Reverted the positions of the steel block and flamethrower on the far upper right and deleted eraser piece, lined up the steel and put a small square steel block in its place

R2 remains V22!

Changelog History of R2:

V2 - Added steel and made the cloners pickups to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch

V3 - Added OWAs to fix a backroute thanks to SQRon188

V4 - Added more OWAs, a small block at the top, and shifted down some terrain near the top on the right side down to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V5 - Moved the cloner pickups to a different location, the basher is now a pickup, added some terrain and more OWAs, added some steel, and modified some terrain to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch

V6 - Replaced the barrel with a bigger one, added some OWAs on the barrel and a small block, and shifted the terrain in that area a bit to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch

V7 - Locked the RR and added another small block to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch

V8 - Replaced some terrain with a different brick piece and added several, a small block close under where the exit is, and more OWAs to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch. Also fixed a steel block that was misaligned.

V9 - Moved the basher pickup to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V10 - Added a steel block to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V11 - Added more OWAs to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V12 - Added a water object in the pit area where the grey stairs are to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V13 - Added left and right facing OWAs on the structure in the upper right area to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V14 - Blockers are now pickups to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V15 - Added another block of terrain near the exit and changed the OWAs to down pointing ones and extend onto the newly added block as well to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V16 - Added right-facing OWAs to the huge block of terrain on the upper left area below the barrel to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V17 - Changed the OWAs below the exit to point downwards to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V18 - Added some more right-facing OWAs around the bottom left/middle area, added right facing OWAs to the upper left block of terrain below the one that has arrows going both left and right, decreased the quantity of the blocker pickup to 1 and moved the other two blocker pickups to the same area as the cloner pickups to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V19 - Changed the OWAs to downward pointing ones on the very small thin terrain pieces in the upper middle to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V20 - Added a barrel and put downward OWAs on it to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

V21 - The climber is now a pickup, and moved both the cloner and blocker pickups, and added more steel to fix a backroute thanks to Icho. Also changed up the floating brick platform around the middle left area in order to make the execution/timing of the solution much easier as it can be very frustrating otherwise with the repeated jumper assignments for little to no gain/benefit to the puzzle

V22 - Modified the terrain in the middle right a bit by leaving 1 pixel gaps to fix a backroute thanks to Icho

R3 remains V6!

Changelog History of R3:

V2 - Increase the number of lemmings to 40 to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch. This was a terrible "undersight" on my part :forehead:

V3 - Modified some terrain/steel/water areas, -1 platformer, +1 builder, and added a trap to fix a backroute thanks to Niesch

V4 - Widened the water gap and some shifting of terrain, and added steel to fix backroutes thanks to Armani and Niesch

V5 - Increased the RR to 70 and locked the RR, and smoothed out the terrain near the frog traps to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V6 - Filled the bottomless void on the far left with some water just to pretty up the level :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 09:00:02 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0