Author Topic: Level Design Contest #26  (Read 2855 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #26
« on: July 17, 2022, 02:48:17 PM »
Welcome to another contest of the Lemmingsforums! This time the three rules have been picked by Armani for winning contest #25.

A few words to new participants and forum members: If you haven't entered before, I strongly encourage you to try - even if you don't win, it's fun to participate; and we have had cases where first-time entrants have won before! There are three choices of rules given, you may enter one level for EACH one of the rules.
You may either use new format NeoLemmix, or Lix.
If you have more than one entry, they may (but do not have to) be for the same engine. Please make sure you tested your level for basic solvability before submitting and be sure to also submit any custom tileset you are using, so others have no problem playing your level. ;)

Pre contest testing: You can choose 1-2 persons who do a bit of pre-testing for you, so that the biggest backroutes and screw-ups of your levels can be detected before the playing phase. I cannot control this so it's only a guideline, but still I would prefer not everyone knows every level before the playing phase starts. ;)

Here are the rules on how the submission deadlines work:
- Initial submission phase deadline will extend such that it's 72 hours from the time of the last submission, up to the 5th submission (inclusive). After this it no longer changes no matter what.
- Update phase deadline will not extend over the initial dead line!
- Even if you missed the cutoff date for the initial submission phase, late entries are accepted until the update phase ends. There is no penalty for a late entry, beyond that people are less likely to spend as much time on the level before voting begins.

And here is the new ruleset:

Rule 1: Iron Juggernaut

Make a level without any destructible terrain.

- This means the level shoud be entirely steel.
 - You can use destructible terrain pieces as erasers but the only visible pieces can be steel.
 - You are not limited in which or how many objects you can place.

Rule 2: Jumping is so much fun!

Make a level that uses infinitely many jumpers.

- You can provide infinite number of certain skill by setting the number of that skill to 100 in the editor.
 - The amount of each skill besides the jumper may be any number including infinite.

Rule 3: Lemmings 2 The Tribes

Make an L2-like level. ( =Make a level with only L2 tilesets and L2 skills)

- You can only use terrain pieces and objects from L2 tilesets
   (L2 tilesets: Beach, Cave, Circus, Classic, Egypt, Highland, Medieval, Outdoor, Polar, Shadow, Space, Sports)
 - Tileset mixing is okay as long as all the tilesets you use are in the list above.
 - You must NOT use objects that don't appear in L2 such as OWAs, pick-up skill, updraft, zombie etc.
 - The only exception is the eraser. You can use non-L2 terrain pieces as long as they are used as erasers.

- You can only provide skills that are shared beween Neolemmix and Lemmings 2 The Tribes:
   Classic 8 skills + Fencer, Jumper, Shimmier, Slider, Swimmer, Platformer, Stacker, Glider(Hang Glider in L2), Laserer(Laser Blaster in L2)

- Everything else such as time limit, save requirement, background is up to you!

Submission phase ends September 7th 2022 at 00:00 UTC.

Ruleset in detail again: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2246.0

Send me a personal message with your level/s and if needed tileset/s to participate. It would also be nice to also tell me the rule which each level satisfies.

Please use the following naming format:  User1_Levelname_R3V1.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 1 of the level

Prize selection:
- US $5.00
- One month's advertising on the forums news ticker
- Pick next contest's rules

Entries so far: 14

- IchoTolot (3)
- Armani (3)
- NieSch (3)
- SQron188 (1)
- Crane (1)
- kaywhyn (3)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:49:24 AM by IchoTolot »

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #26
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 03:32:51 PM »
I'm gonna try and participate in this one. I was planning on participating in them all since my first one but I had no ideas and I can't believe it's already been nearly a year since it so I will definetly try my hardest to make a really really good level for hti sone

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 01:46:26 PM »
Just finished the first version of my first entry! Please remember to start/continue working on your entries as well! ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 05:36:41 PM »
As I will be away for a few days right at the start of september, I changed the deadline to sep 7th. That way I should be back again in time to start the playing phase. :)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 12:10:03 PM »
I'm in! :)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 07:24:08 PM »
Remember to get your entries in! :)

I will be away until roughly the end of the submission phase, so please make sure the levels follow their respective rule, so that I can start the playing phase shortly after I am back again!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 12:42:20 PM »
Back again, be sure to get your last minute submissions in! :)