3 (16.7%)
19:00 UTC
3 (16.7%)
20:00 UTC
2 (11.1%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Best time of day for Lix sessions? They run for 2-4 hours.  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Hi,

On Saturdays or Sundays, what would be the best time of day for you to start a Lix session? Sessions usually run for 2-4 hours after this starting time.

Rampoina suggested: Our current time of 17:00 UTC (European evening) was suitable for him, but he prefers an earlier time of day, possibly right in the middle of European afternoon. For me, it's fine to play in the afternoon instead of the evening, but maybe the afternoon won't work for others?

The poll offers only the hours possible for myself. Happily complain in a post if sometime else is even better.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:31:00 AM by Simon »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Best time of day for Lix sessions? They run for 2-4 hours.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 07:12:02 PM »
If I'm not working on the day we play Lix then I can attend the sessions in the evening and 1600 UTC is doable for me although I might not be there bang on that time, maybe about 30 mins after.

I usually tend to be the one to arrange the sessions since my availability is lower than most people on weekends, I work most Saturdays and about half my Sundays so if someone else organised a session, it would be a good chance to be on a day I can't play.
I aim for Sundays mostly because that seems to be consistently a time when most people are available, if Saturdays are preferred by some then I would like to hear from you.

That being said, I don't have to be the one who arranges the sessions, I just feel like if I don't make sessions then the Lix sessions just simply don't happen a lot of the time.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 08:37:39 PM »
Answered the poll with my own preferences, although I could in theory join at all possible answers in the poll. We don't necessarily have to choose the time with the most votes.

Yes, it's good that you've kept up the torch planning the sessions. Thanks!

Looking for more Lix players to answer. :lix-smile:

-- Simon

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 03:21:01 PM »
It can be hard to arrange times across continents. The current time is doable, though sometimes I'm not feeling it as it's still fairly early in my day due to a combination of time zones and me tending towards staying up/waking up late, which is why usually I just either show up or don't instead of announcing ahead of time. Making it earlier would make it less likely I show up, though admittedly it would probably be more convenient for European players.

There's also a chance I move to a later time zone in the next year or so (need to find employment in the desired area), which would make the current Lix time even earlier (1 to 2 hours depending on exactly which location it hypothetically ends up being), so making it earlier on top of that would be pretty painful (on the other hand, I'd likely have a more consistent sleep schedule because it's likely there'd be less room for it to drift relative to my current situation, but I wouldn't want to have to be up early enough, for example, to catch a session at 9 AM unless I happen to already be up that early. Getting to sleep in is nice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:27:39 PM by Dullstar »