Author Topic: Sad news from Minim  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Sad news from Minim
« on: June 03, 2022, 08:44:21 PM »
So, I'm back but only to give you some sad news. Minty, my second cat, had died at the vets earlier today. :lix-cry: Now, you may be wondering why I'm posting this in front of you lot. As well as being a lovely gentle cat himself that especially loved going on people's laps, his frightened reaction to one of the old sound effects while I was playing Lix inspired me to write this post on his behalf. Yes, that makes him probably the most unexpected contributor to a lemmings fangame! He will forever remain in my heart, and I hope he will be in your hearts someday too. <3

RIP Minty (2/9/02 - 3/6/22)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Sad news from Minim
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:01:47 PM »
Almost twenty years, that is a proud age for a cat. In your picture, Minty looks very astute even at his old age. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with a good, caring human family.

Every little bugfix and every feature has a small story hidden behind it. Often they are forgotten, but this one is touching. Thanks for sharing! The new oblivion sound since Lix 0.9.30 has the typical speed-up to make it sound rodent-like, but it sounds a little like a meow, too. Surprisingly fitting for Minty!

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 11:28:48 PM by Simon »