Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] V12.12.4 Level Select Window: Hierarchy unfurling arrows dont work  (Read 4333 times)

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Sorry if this is a duplicate or already known:

I've just downloaded the V12.12.4 player. I've ran into an issue with the Level Select window. In the hierarchy view of the various packs and subgroups, the little arrows that usually unfurl the groups do not seem to work. I used to be able to click on the little arrows and the group unfurls. Now, I have to select the group in the hierarchy, close the level select window, open the level select window again, and the group I selected will be unfurled. I have to repeat this process every time I want to see the levels within another group.

Attached is a picture of what my hierarchy looks like. It doesn't look any different, beyond the new high DPI font, which maybe makes the arrows a bit smaller? Maybe the hitbox has changed, making them unclickable?

I'm trying this on my Windows 10 laptop, which has a 4K display. I don't have access to my desktop right now, so I can't test on that until this weekend. I tried changing my resolution and UI scaling to see if that fixes the issues, but it behaves the same.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
The "hitbox" of the arrows has changed and they are noticeably harder to click, but not impossible (at least on my installation). Maybe try a bit more clicking around and see if you can find a point that works for you?

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Hmmm... I just did some more clicking. I still can't get the arrows to do anything, but I discovered clicking on the lines to the right of the arrows which connect to the group names actually does unfurl the group. However, even clicking the lines is very difficult. I have to be very specific with my cursor placement compared to previous versions.

I'm not sure why my installation is acting different lol. Does NeoLemmix have some sort of dependency that might be out of date on my system? Something like DirectX, XNA, or some C++/# redistributable? Also just updated my Windows to see if that was a problem.

Here's a video that hopefully shows what I'm looking at. In it, I try clicking the arrows for a bit, then I click on the lines. When I click on the arrows, the list flashes a bit like it's trying to refresh, but nothing changes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SarLV1_5E2U

The arrows that are collapsed look greyed out if that helps any. The arrows for the group that is open is noticeably darker compared to the collapsed groups.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Duplicate topic

See what your scaling settings are. I have mine set to 150%, which is probably what's causing the issue.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it's my scaling, but I can't really set it at 100% because text is unreadably small on that setting. I could change my resolution to 1920x1080 w/ 100% scaling, but that's a pain to do every time I load NeoLemmix.

I poked around for a bit and found a fix for me:

Right click the NeoLemmix exe
Click "Properties"
Click the "Compatibility" Tab
Click "Change high DPI settings"
Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
Select "System or System (Enhanced)" from the dropdown right under the above option.
Click Ok, then Apply, Launch the exe

This makes the text less crisp because I assume it disables the High DPI font in game, but I think I prefer that over changing my res.

Thanks for linking that post! I figured this was probably a Windows issue rather than a NeoLemmix issue. This isn't the first time an app has given me issues because my 4K screen. Windows handles that stuff very poorly IMO :P I basically can't use my old version of photoshop on my laptop (on high rez) because of stuff like this lol. Thanks Microsoft.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I figured this was probably a Windows issue rather than a NeoLemmix issue.

Technically, neither. It's an issue with the Delphi default library on scaled displays. The only thing I can really do about it is either wait for Delphi to fix it in a future version, or switch to an alternative treeview control instead of the default one.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
or switch to an alternative treeview control instead of the default one.

Interesting. What are the available options?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
or switch to an alternative treeview control instead of the default one.

Interesting. What are the available options?

There's probably millions (not literally of course) out there. The Lemmix Editor back in the day used a third-party one called "Virtual TreeView"; I don't know if this is because Delphi didn't have a native one at the time, or because of limitations of the native one, or simply because EricLang preferred it. That one itself, I understand, hasn't been updated in a long time now and is probably not suitable for use in a modern project, but there's likely others out there that are.

Whatever option is selected though, the difference will pretty much be purely a behind-the-scenes thing (outside of the presence/absence of specific bugs), with at most minor cosmetic differences for the actual user.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)