Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas II (50 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 15800 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas II (50 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2023, 05:43:55 AM »
Solved the remaining two ranks and hence finished the pack. Replays attached and of course more feedback ;)

Crystal Planet Feedback

The fourth and penultimate rank of the pack, I felt the pack went back to easy with this rank, after the hard previous rank. Even then, these levels were still enjoyable! ;)

Favorites of the rank: Crystal Planet 4 - 6 and Crystal Planet 8. Crystal Planet 10 was kind of a favorite too.

Hardest level of the rank for me: Crystal Planet 9. In general I tend to have a hard time solving zombie levels :laugh: Granted, I've seen some excellent zombie levels myself, but in general I tend to not be a fan of such levels. Just me personally ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crystal: A surprisingly easy rank. There was no level here I really struggled with. If any, Crystal 8, is a candidate for it's not easy to trap the crowd here. And it introduced a new concept for me. I never played a level like this before.

Once again in agreement here. With the Crystal Planet rank, I felt the pack went back to easy after the previous hard Slush World rank. So, if anything, I agree with you that the third rank is the hardest of the pack.

I can also agree with Crystal Planet 8 being a hard level, though I actually found Crystal Planet 9 the hardest of the rank :laugh:

Classic Dimension Feedback

The final rank of the pack, as usual the difficulty resets with the start of each rank and therefore the levels here aren't necessarily the most difficult of the pack. In fact, except for Classic Dimension 4 which I struggled longer than I thought I would, I found these easy. There were some levels that are a bit too long for my liking, such as Classic Dimension 3 (unnecessarily long and wide level for its own good) and Classic Dimension 8 (too much buttons and the time limit is unnecessarily very tight, though I do like how it uses the unused parts on the sides of Havoc 1), and especially Classic Dimension 10 (all the tilesets that had made an appearance in the previous 9 levels all come together for a "final level" feel to the pack which I felt certainly achieved that, but yea, it's very long and once again the time limit is unnecessarily very tight here). Classic Dimension 5 also has an unnecessary tight time limit, though I brought this onto myself of not multi-tasking efficiently :XD:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Classic: Though a familiar environment, this was my least favourite rank. There were hardly any puzzles here, the difficulty came from the execution in most cases. The hardest level was Classic 5, it was a real challenge to solve it within the time-limit. The by far easiest one was Classic 7. Maybe because I saw this concept elsewhere, but I think it's a bit like Honey 10. It plays almost automatically, there are no real decisions which must be made. My favourite level in the final rank and probably in the entire pack was Classic 4. A very good puzzle which uses up all the available skills (at least in my solution).

I think this rank was fine considering the specialty of the levels here (spoiler tagged above just in case since in the OP WillLem said it's a secret ;)), though yea I can agree somewhat with the final rank being a disappointment. Even then, in general I find the remakes of the L1/ONML levels some of WillLem's best and hardest ones, even if I prefer to play new levels rather than just remakes from the official games. There were still a lot of unique levels anyway, so it's fine.

Overall, I enjoyed this pack very much, even if it's on the easy side! :thumbsup: Thanks again for Lemminas II WillLem, and I look forward to your comments on my solutions. I will get to some of your remix packs later down the line, though I can't exactly say when. Hopefully not too long from the time I last played a pack by you to this one ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0