Other Lemmings Projects > Closed Loap Bugs / Suggestions

DireKrow L3D/LP3D Playthrough Unresolved Bugs

<< < (2/3) > >>

namida:

--- Quote ---- In L3D you can place blockers directly in front of the exit. In Loap, they exit the level if you try this.
--- End quote ---

Fixed in commit e1c77c2; with a bug in the fix (namely, that the blocker/turner would turn around rather than immediately exit when freed) fixed in commit a040c14.

--- Quote ---- Not a bug, but playtesting indicates that making it so you can't assign blockers/turners inside of splitter blocks (as in L3D) is probably a good idea, as the currently behavior lets you trivialize certain levels like Spaghetti Junction and 3D A Lemming Odyssey
--- End quote ---

Fixed in commit 1754178.

namida:

--- Quote ---- Unlike L3D, the engine doesn't seem to tint top and bottom faces, which gives some levels confusing visuals, where walls, deflectors and platforms blend into each other. Firewall is an example. See discord messages starting here for details.
--- End quote ---

I've made some improvements - realistically, probably "as good as it's going to get" - in commit 1ceea74.

namida:

--- Quote ---- Also not a bug, but many in-game cosmetic animations seem to play too fast, such as the wall monitors in Lemlab themed levels and the mud. L3D on DOSBox already seems to play these too fast so it can be misleading, but I'm pretty sure they're meant to be slower.
--- End quote ---

This actually is a bug. They should update every two Loap frames (= every 1 L3D frame), but they're currently updating every Loap frame. Fixed in commit 467ebe8.

namida:

--- Quote ---- Rope slides look visually bugged down their length, but otherwise function correctly.
--- End quote ---

Fixed in 467ebe8.

namida:

--- Quote ---- On rare occasions, attempting to assign a skill to a lemming will instead assign it to one behind the camera or way off in a different part of the level. It's unclear what causes it (possibly rewinds? Might be a coincidence). When this happens, strange behavior can be observed from the indicator in the bottom left that says what skills the lemming you're hovering over has (such as saying WALKER despite the mouse not being on any lemmings), which suggests that the bug exists in detecting what lemming the mouse is pointing at, rather than the skill assignment itself.
--- End quote ---

This is the kind of bug that's really hard to tell for sure if it's fixed, or just altered / mitigated, but I can't reproduce it in a few common scenarios I was previously using to investigate it as of commit f3f6267.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version