Author Topic: [SUG] Camera reset button  (Read 2657 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
[SUG] Camera reset button
« on: August 05, 2023, 12:37:51 AM »
While watching Ryemanni play through LP3D in Loap, he ran into a case where in an enclosed level he moved a camera into a tunnel created by a basher, then rewound gameplay. The result was that this camera was stuck in the tunnel, which caused issues that I can't go into detail without spoiling the level.

Loap does have a means of moving the camera through walls, but this may feel a bit cheaty for some players. A way to reset the cameras to their original positions seems worthwhile.

Important context: Much like how NL doesn't treat the scrolling as part of the replay, Loap doesn't treat camera movements as part of it, so rewinding does not undo camera movement.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 09:44:32 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG] Camera reset button
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 09:58:03 PM »
Implemented in commit cf8786f.

You can now press Ctrl-Tab to reset the current camera to its default position. It will fail if the current camera does not have a default position (due to being an extra camera created by the user during gameplay). You can also right-click the camera icon on the sidebar to achieve the same.

Since it made sense to do this while adding right-click support to the sidebar, you can also now right-click the RR increase / decrease buttons to instantly set the RR to max / min respectively.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)