Author Topic: DireKrow's UI feedback (based on 0.0.5.1)  (Read 3647 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
DireKrow's UI feedback (based on 0.0.5.1)
« on: January 27, 2022, 06:09:07 AM »
These almost certianly still apply in the latest version at this time (commit 99546a7) as they're the kinds of things that I'd have to specifically try to address, and have not done so.

1. Camera rotation seems to be tied to the framerate in some way? When the framerate is extremely high (over 1000 FPS), mouse rotation becomes extremely low sensitivity, where large mouse moves barely cause a rotation, but when I cap the framerate to 120 using the nvidia control panel, the sensitivity feels much more normal. Doesn't seem intended.

2. The game hitches for about an eighth of a second every 2-3 seconds, but inconsistently. I thought maybe it was doing it when it reads and prints the FPS reading to the console, but it doesn't always line up with that. If the camera is moving or rotating during the moment a hitch happens, it 'keeps its momentum' during that moment, causing the camera to suddenly jump. The effect is greatly exaggerated (multiplied?) at high FPSes, causing such hitches and jumps to be extremely noticeable. Hitches can be observed just by waiting on the level selection screen or level preview too, but seem to be much more infrequent compared to active gameplay. Reduced, but not completely resolved.

6. Related to #5, if a lemming is between two blockers on the same square (e.g. by assigning a blocker either side of the starting hatch), then Loap lets you attempt to assign the trapped lemming as a blocker and consumes the skill, but they'll never actually become one.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 08:56:31 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: DireKrow's UI feedback (based on 0.0.5.1)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 08:56:22 AM »
6. Related to #5, if a lemming is between two blockers on the same square (e.g. by assigning a blocker either side of the starting hatch), then Loap lets you attempt to assign the trapped lemming as a blocker and consumes the skill, but they'll never actually become one.

While I've addressed the fairly common scenario with blockers/turners + builders, I'm not really sure I can address every possible situation where a skill may fail. So I'm going to leave this one as-is.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 11:22:13 PM »
V0.0.18.0 has significant improvements to the stuttering, though not completely fixed yet.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 02:16:55 AM »
Okay, I'm actually not noticing the stuttering at all on the newer builds anymore, even when using the dedicated GPU (I never got them on the integrated one). Can anyone else who had issues with this on older builds confirm if they still get that issue on V0.0.18.0 or higher?
My Lemmings projects