Author Topic: New objects experimental build. [Exp V6 released!]  (Read 4399 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
New objects experimental build. [Exp V6 released!]
« on: December 05, 2021, 08:08:55 PM »
The new-objects experimental build is here!

Download link: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=574 (New Objects Experimental V6; includes new-objects-capable editor version)

This should not be installed over an existing installation of stable NeoLemmix. It may be installed over an older new-objects experimental (you may get a warning about this the first time you run it, but as long as the install is over another new-objects experimental, everything should be fine).

Note that the copy of namida_systemtest included with this is customized to include objects of the new types. All other styles are the same as the versions obtainable via the style manager.

Restrictions that apply to this build:
- All restrictions have been lifted; there is no killswitch date and custom objects of the new types will work now.

The new objects themselves are pretty much done (aside from actually making some objects of the new types) now; the move to RC is mostly waiting on some work on unrelated features / fixes that I want to include for the next update.

Please report any issues you find by creating a topic on this board.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 01:49:34 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: (NOT READY YET, PLACEHOLDER TOPIC) New objects experimental build.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 07:41:42 PM »
I am going to initially release a private build to a small number of testers (probably 2 - 3 at most), before doing a later public build. Flick me a PM if you're interested in testing.

Note that this is about testing, not just early access. You can do whatever you like with the public test version when that arrives (though keep in mind it has measures intended to prevent long-term usage of it, as noted above), but the private one will come with an expectation that you spend some time trying it out and giving feedback (including reporting bugs, if you find any).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: New objects experimental build. [Exp V2 released!]
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 03:41:39 AM »
I have now uploaded a public release of the exp build. Enjoy, and please report any issues you find.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: New objects experimental build. [Exp V3 released!]
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 07:45:54 AM »
Uploaded V3. The only difference from V2 is that the killswitch date has been extended by 3 months (so the V3 exp is useable until the end of June).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: New objects experimental build. [Exp V4 released!]
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 01:39:50 AM »
Uploaded V4. This implements new trial behaviors for the post-warp (teleport/portal) builder and platformer behavior, and for how the Climber / Slider should face after being knocked off a wall by a skill remover. It also extends the date killswitch to the end of the year.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: New objects experimental build. [Exp V5 released!]
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 04:02:45 AM »
Uploaded V5. This no longer has any killswitch / custom object restrictions; it also incorporates many improvements that have been implemented for V12.13.X. There are no new features directly related to the new objects.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: New objects experimental build. [Exp V6 released!]
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 11:05:22 PM »
Uploaded V6. This fixes a few bugs, adds proper sounds, prohibits flipping of portals, and also includes newer unrelated fixes for NL.
My Lemmings projects