Author Topic: Minesweeper  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: Minesweeper
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 02:23:42 AM »
He thinks there's a spot on the board you can cilck to get a one click boardf for beginner every time. :XD:

Yeah, it's luck. You can easily disprove that theory in 81 very quick games (click every spot once...)

But! Where you click still makes a difference, because of how mines are revealed. It's statistically better to click a corner than a side, and a side than the center (but the differences aren't that big).

tseug

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 05:48:07 AM »
I think minesweeper is conspiring against me... I 've gotten 32 seconds 3 times so far. :undecided:

EDIT: 27! :laugh: Now on to expert....

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 04:54:12 AM »
Do you mean 32 seconds for beginner of intermediate? I got the seemingly customary 4 second beginner thing, but I have no idea how you might get 27 seconds on intermediate. :shocked:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 10:21:37 AM »
27 needs practice, nice coordination and a fairly good board. When I was at my best in my last year of college I could usually get below 27 once a session.

18 on the other hand, which I only achieved once... I still don't know how I did that  :cool:

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 09:03:35 PM »
I can usually get somewhere around 27, but there's a slight difference, you are talking about intermediate, I'm talking about beginner :XD:. The only time I really practice alot is in programming class. I get done with my work before everyone else. IT IS AWESOME! Basically, I go to school, and play videogames for about an hour, on alot of the days.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 03:57:34 AM »
Are there any strategies for minesweeper? I'm horrible at it.