Author Topic: DOS Game Music  (Read 5469 times)

Skatoony

DOS Game Music
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:52:27 AM »
Righteo, most of you heard the One Step Beyond and Lemmings 2 music I recorded (I hope), and yesterday I recorded another game - The Humans, straight off my CM-32L again.

Here are the links to any game rips I've done:

The Humans: http://cosmic-dreams.net/music/CM-32L/Humans/ (very relaxing music I'll admit)

One Step Beyond: http://cosmic-dreams.net/music/CM-32L/OSB/

Lemmings 2: http://cosmic-dreams.net/music/CM-32L/Lemmings_2/

T.F.X (Tactical Flight eXperiment): http://cosmic-dreams.net/music/CM-32L/TFX/

Most of the T.F.X music was recorded by Talus from Kohina, but I recorded Columbia (the ogg vorbis version), Ingame 1, 3 and 5.

If anyone else wants music recorded from an MT-32/CM-32L (I have both), you're welcome to post a request here. As long as it's easy to get the music from the game (eg, via cheats or MIDI files) and it can be downloaded, I'm more than welcome to record it  ;)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: DOS Game Music
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 03:48:30 AM »
Your musics are great. If you're able to record those of OSB, can you record those of Push Over as well?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Skatoony

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 10:05:05 AM »
Your musics are great. If you're able to record those of OSB, can you record those of Push Over as well?
It seems Push Over plays sound effects through the CM-32L, which can't be turned off (meaning I won't be able to record from the game). I'll have to search for the MIDIs, but I doubt anyone has them.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »
Hi Skatoony,

awesome music, especially the tracks from TFX! That's exactly how old game music should sound... catchy and with a good bunch of minor chords *grin* Thanks again!

-- Simon

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 02:03:15 AM »
Hey, Skatoony! Could you record the musics of Lemmings 3D please?

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 03:47:05 AM »
If you mean the CD audio, you can find all of them online on a site called (I think) KH Insider.

The only exception is that their alternate music for Maze-type levels is corrupted, so just PM me or something and I can send you the fixed version.

TarthyMan

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »
The Lemmings 2 music is very good, it sounds better than the original Amiga ones.

I personally would like to hear the music from SimCity 2000 on the CM-32L, the midi files are available at http://www.mirsoft.info and several other sites.

Keep it up, well done.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 08:03:36 AM »
If you mean the CD audio, you can find all of them online on a site called (I think) KH Insider.

The only exception is that their alternate music for Maze-type levels is corrupted, so just PM me or something and I can send you the fixed version.

I said, could you record the musics, so I want to hear what it looks like in Roland straight off his CM-32L.

But thanks for the info!

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 04:04:57 AM »
The CD Audio sounds the same on any soundcard. You could also play it through a regular CD player.

Skatoony

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 10:46:38 PM »
I personally would like to hear the music from SimCity 2000 on the CM-32L, the midi files are available at http://www.mirsoft.info and several other sites.
SimCity 2000 appears to use a General MIDI file, which the CM-32L isn't General MIDI compatible.

I've now done Epic Pinball off my Gravis Ultrasound MAX, but I'm going to have to re-post all the recordings as directory listing has been turned off (since my domain name is now fixed).

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:19:39 AM »
Could you record the Supaplex song using your Roland CM-32L please? I'm just curious how it would sounds.

Skatoony

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 05:30:50 AM »
Sorry for the huge delay, been very busy. Yesterday my Roland CM-300 arrived, which is technically a Sound Canvas 55 in a beige box. This means I can now record the music from games that were composed on the SC-55 (most of LucasArts's games for example).

Regarding SuperPlex, I can't see any support for the MT-32/LAPC-I on it (if there is I can't get it to even work).

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 11:11:53 PM »
Another game I would like to hear improved musics: "Captive" from Mindscape. If you could, that would be really appreciated. The musics in that game, in Roland, are saved as MIDI files so, no problems there. :laugh:

You can get the game here.

Btw, just curious: I realised that the instruments used for the Roland are stored in the 128th bank of the General Midi A: Synth. Is that correct?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 01:59:04 AM »
UP! Skatoony? You're still there? :(

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 03:56:25 AM »
Pretty much all of the DOS songs have great sample sets. But the songs are not necessarily great...