Author Topic: SuperLemminiToo v1.51  (Read 26484 times)

Offline Charles

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemminiToo v1.50
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2022, 06:43:57 PM »
Bugfix release.  Here's the update to address the bug WillLem discovered, related to saving stats with Unlock All Levels enabled.
(see https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5947.0)

I also added a setting called Classic Ticker that replaces the scrolling text on the title screen with the same text on a scrolling yellow ticker tape graphic, reminiscent of the original Amiga title screen.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2022, 12:11:11 AM »
Great work on the update Charles! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just one thing I've noticed that's not a bug as such but could be problematic: replays involving timed bombers break when untimed bombers are applied, since the explosion happens at the point of assignment.

I'd suggest that SLToo either writes the active option into the replay file, and applies it whilst it's being played (reverting, if necessary, to the other option thereafter), or only ever writes the bomber assignment at the point of explosion.

Since you've already done a lot of great work on SuperLemminiToo, I wonder if you'd be happy to allow the code to be used as the basis of a true update for SuperLemmini, if Tsyu is in agreement? We could really do with a single version of the platform which is current and active, rather than multiple forks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:40:28 PM by WillLem »

Offline Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2022, 03:35:06 AM »
Bugfix release.  Here's the update to fix the infinite skills decreasing during replays, discovered by kaywhyn.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemminiToo v1.51
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2023, 04:36:42 PM »
I'm starting again with my SuperLemmini folder because it's become very messy over the past year or so, and vanilla SuperLemmini doesn't even run any more.

What file structure does SuperLemminiToo use to find gfx, levelpacks, mods, styles, etc? It previously "yoinked" the SuperLemmini stuff over, but it's no longer doing that.

Really what I'm asking is: if a player has SL2 as a standalone app, how do they add a levelpack?

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2023, 11:39:11 PM »
if a player has SL2 as a standalone app, how do they add a levelpack?

OK, I've figured it out. Basically, if you clean install SuperLemminiToo (i.e. with no existing Lemmini/SuperLemmini files anywhere in the target destination), it will create a folder called "SuperLemmini" with the basic stuff in it to run the game.

You can add your SLToo directory to that folder, and then add levels and everything else to it.

(If I ever get time, I'll redo the file structure and update the original Lemmini. I've messaged Volker for permission to do this. It might never happen, though, tbf.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 03:01:55 AM by Will »

Offline bodie

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2023, 09:52:55 PM »
I keep getting this same error as posted on another page of this thread. How do I get rid of it? The file IS in data folder but keeps saying it isn't? I'm sure I got it to run no bother the last time I had a play with it.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2023, 10:47:53 PM »
I keep getting this same error as posted on another page of this thread. How do I get rid of it? The file IS in data folder but keeps saying it isn't? I'm sure I got it to run no bother the last time I had a play with it.

I can see that you already tried deleting the space from the filename, so that likely isn't the problem.

Unfortunately, SuperLemmini(Too) hasn't been running properly for quite some time. I haven't been able to get it working either. Until we have a Java dev who can caretake, I'd strongly recommend not bothering with it, and choosing one of the other options (NeoLemmix, SuperLemmix, Lix) to create and play levels instead.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2023, 01:12:26 AM »
I have no issues playing regular Superlemmini or SuperlemminiToo. No crashes in either.

Here are my folders I just uploaded to Mediafire.com

Superlemmini (includes all packs, replays, styles)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5p2ncm60wwcyv3f/Superlemmini.rar/file

SuperlemminiToo 1.51
https://www.mediafire.com/file/of7md3fnl95gdxp/SuperLemminiToo.zip/file

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2023, 02:38:24 AM »
These players have never stopped working for me either.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2023, 11:11:49 PM »
Here are my folders I just uploaded to Mediafire.com

Thanks for sharing these.

Glad to know they are still working for some users :thumbsup:

My position on it stands: what's really needed for the Lemmini engines is an active dev who's happy to take the project on and give it some much-needed TLC. There is clearly still a user-base, and they remain an excellent platform on which to play classic Lemmings.