Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] NL crashing  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
[BUG][PLAYER] NL crashing
« on: October 02, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »
I opened an unfinished level file (originally created with an older version) in the editor, finished and saved it, and edited my GemLems levels.nxmi to refer to it. The level loads fine in the editor and playtest mode, but trying to open it in NL causes a crash. I've screenshotted the error message, and attached the level file just in case that helps to pinpoint the problem.

[EDIT: Since I am no longer experiencing this problem, I've removed the level file.]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:40:00 PM by Proxima »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] NL crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 07:10:47 PM »
(Icho is with me, this is his reply:)

I (= Icho) encountered a similar problem. The reason for the crash is probably in the pack structure/pack files, not in the level itself. When I created the community pack, I had a similar problem: The rank definition file had faulty rank names. I believe I used underscores in rank names and after I removed those underscores, the pack didn't crash anymore.

Thus: Check the pack definition files for unusual characters or faulty structures.

The level itself looks fine. Maybe just put it in a test foder outside any pack and see if the player can then load the level. If you can't fix it by editing the pack structure, maybe post your entire pack structure.

-- Simon/Icho

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 07:15:50 PM »
Loads without issue for me, when I put it in the base "levels" folder. (NL 12.12.1)

Thanks to Icho for those pointers. @Proxima - do you have this issue:
1. putting this level file in the base "levels" folder?
2. putting this level file in a different part of your pack?
3. with any other levels in the same rank/group?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »
Well, this is very strange. I copied the level into the base "levels" folder and selected it there. It opened without issue.

Then I selected the level before it in its rank and pressed right, and now there's no problem and everything seems normal.

I guess I'll let you know if this problem resurfaces later :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 06:45:13 PM »
I'll close this topic as there's no real indication of what's going on and the issue is no longer occurring. Feel free to create a new topic if the issue resurfaces.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)