Author Topic: What lemmings games have you completed?  (Read 3683 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
What lemmings games have you completed?
« on: September 23, 2021, 11:48:23 PM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering what lemmings games everyone has completed, I will list the games I have done. :thumbsup:

Lemmings PSP (Completed)
Holiday Lemmings (Completed)
Covox Lemmings (Completed)
Lemmings (Completed)
Oh no more lemmings (Completed)
Lemmings 2 Tribes (Completed)
Lemmings Paintball (Completed)
Lemmings Chronicles (Completed)
Lemmings Revolution (Completed)

Lemmings 3d (Still to Complete)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 03:23:01 PM by grams88 »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: What lemmings games have you completed?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 05:25:53 AM »
Original, OhNo, Holiday (all), Genesis (via the Extra Levels Lemmix player), Master System, L3D, and of course a bunch of fan packs. I have a feeling I might've also completed L2 at some point, not sure - I've definitely come close if not.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »
I've only completed original Lemmings and other games in the L1 engine:

Lemmings (Mac and NL)
ONML (Mac and NL)
Holiday (NL)
Genesis Lemmings (emulator and NL)
and the NL remakes of extra levels from SMS, PSP, and so forth.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 10:23:00 AM »
Nice topic, grams88! :thumbsup: I was actually thinking about something like this the other day, but you beat me to it first. All good, though.

As for the games I've completed this is my list:

Lemmings (Dos port)
ONML (Dos port)
Holiday Lemmings (Dos port)
Lemmings 2: The Tribes (via Dosbox)
PSP Lemmings
Lemmings Revolution
Lemmings Genesis port (emulator)

I will likely try Lemmings 3D at some point, especially since I might play namida's Lemmings 3D pack one of these days. It would help if I'm familiar with the base game first for this purpose, which I have not played ever. I don't know if I'll ever play Lemmings Chronicles or Lemmings Paintball.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 08:14:16 PM »
Same as Proxima, except I'm also working my way through Revolution very, very slowly. It has a tendency to reset itself every now and then which kinda puts me off playing it. I really hope that one of the forum geniuses creates a patch for it (or even a clone!) at some point... :lemcat:

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 10:18:09 PM »
I was thinking "why this topic is not yet another poll?", and then I remembered there were a lot of ports of Lemmings 2 alone!

I completed:

Lemmings (Mega Drive, Master System, NES, MS-DOS, Amiga, Windows 95)
Oh No! More Lemmings! (MS-DOS, Amiga)
Xmas/Holiday whole saga (MS-DOS, Amiga)
Covox Lemmings (MS-DOS)
Lemmings Companion (MS-DOS)
Lemmings 2 (Mega Drive, Master System, SNES, MS-DOS, Amiga)

I played 3D Lemmings on MS-DOS and PlayStation, but I never liked it, nor I never liked ANWOL/Chronicles. Never managed to solve any level on any of them; I find them too complicated, and even boring.
On the other hand, on Lemmings Revolution for Windows, I solved a lot of levels, but nevercared enough to complete it.

A few tries to a demo of Lemmings Paintball, but that's all.

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 10:50:26 AM »
I have completed original Lemmings, Oh no not more lemmings and Lemmings tribes.

did them all years ago and now completed those 3 again in the last year

Struggling to get into Lemmings Chronicles (ANWOL) - might give that a miss and move on to Revolution or the short Holiday lemmings packs.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 03:30:28 AM »
I have completed original Lemmings, Oh no not more lemmings and Lemmings tribes.

Struggling to get into Lemmings Chronicles (ANWOL) - might give that a miss and move on to Revolution or the short Holiday lemmings packs.

Don't forget about Lemmings 3D! ;) (And I guess there's also Paintball and Lomax, but I'm not going to push so hard on those ones. :P )
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 08:19:26 AM »
I love Lemmings Paintball even though it's a totally different game.

To answer the question of this topic: I didn't complete any of the games without cheating or using walkthroughs I'm afraid. :-[
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 11:09:27 PM »
Don't forget about Lemmings 3D! ;) (And I guess there's also Paintball and Lomax, but I'm not going to push so hard on those ones. :P )

I'd love to see a NeoLemmix-style remake of L3D with better graphics, better controls and a better game engine. If you've ever thought about doing that, you have my full support!

It would also be great to see a similar remake of Revolution, that one has a good game concept.

Most of all though, I'd love to see Lomax, but remade as a much, much better game where you essentially control a single lemming through a puzzle/platformer environment. They'd be able to turn, run, jump, walk, climb, and do all of the basic movement skills all the time, but would need (for example) an umbrella to float, snorkel to swim, and a bag of builder bricks to build. These items could be collected like pickups throughout the game.

Basically, a Lemmings platformer: yes please!!! I'll do the sprites and music if someone else codes it ;P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 12:52:51 AM »
I love Lemmings Paintball even though it's a totally different game.

To answer the question of this topic: I didn't complete any of the games without cheating or using walkthroughs I'm afraid. :-[

I can do better; which Lemmings games have I completed? ................... zero. :D :XD:
That's right; never completed a single Lemmings game. Which is because (and this goes for ever game I play btw) when I encounter a level I don't like I just skip it; or stop playing the game. I have absolutely zero 'completionist' or 'speedrunner' motivation in me and when the game I'm playing ceases to amuse me I stop. A better quesiton is which Lemmings games I've *played*;

L1
ONML
L2
Paintball
Revolution

I want to try L3 and 3D eventually.

wait I'm dumb: I completed Lemmings Revolution; but only because that game only requires the last row of levels to be completed to finish.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline MASTER-88

• Professional lemmings player and videogame master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 07:20:02 PM »
Lemmings NES (also recorded tutorial guides all 100 levels)
Lemmings SNES (This is game is totally busted. All levels are max pointed & also whole game is pause free completed)
Lemmings Sega Genesis (few times completed, also recorded some challenge solutions)
Oh No more Lemmings DOS (actually did my 2nd completion a today. Start play it yesterday and total 16 playing hours (8 hours only in Havoc mode). I did my first completion somewhere over 2 years ago thats take even longer time then.
Video games player.
See my youtube: Several games videos includes lemmings
http://www.youtube.com/user/metroidmaster88?feature=mhum

My Huge Lemmings Projects

Lemmings Custom + Triology 394 Levels
Custom +1 (120 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5840.0
Custom +2 (124 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5993.0
Custom +3 (150 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6014.0
Amiga Classic Special (30 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6345.0

My SNES Lemmings MAX Points Project
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4539.0

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 09:24:05 AM »

Yes  I might try 3D whe n I get through Revolution.

am enjoying Revolution but still long way to go to complete.

Has anyone played the game Pingus?

I havent seen it mentioned on here (hope it isnt taboo for some reason )  - that was similar to Lemmings and also very enjoyable.

(EDIT by namida: Fixed an incorrectly-terminated quote tag.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:52:52 PM by namida »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »
Looks like we have quite a lot of us playing lemmings revolution. It's a very hard one to complete but I'm sure we will get there. I think technically I'm really just one level away from completing the game. The lemmings games do contain some very hard levels, maybe for example the red lemming connection ones from paintball can cause a lot of trouble. Lemmings chronicles had a lot of levels where you had to think outside the box I feel. I think a lot solutions tend to be different from the designers solution, I remember with some of the lemmings chronicle ones, my solution was either easier or harder than the intended one.

As long as you enjoy playing the games, if there is a lemmings game you particular don't like or enjoy don't force yourself to play it.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 03:26:43 PM »
I think that's maybe me technically completed lemmings revolution. All levels completed, I probably need the patch so I can complete the two broken levels but according to the solutions to those two levels, they look quite easy now. It's funny that when you play something that might be classed as impossible to complete but you play the patched up version of that you end up completing it quite easily as you know all the secrets and stuff.