Poll

What are your favourite objects that are currently used in NeoLemmix?

Entrance window
3 (5.5%)
Exit
3 (5.5%)
Locked exit & buttons
4 (7.3%)
One-way walls
7 (12.7%)
Water
5 (9.1%)
Single-use trap
1 (1.8%)
Infinite triggered trap (e.g. 10-ton weight, Lizard)
6 (10.9%)
Infinite non-triggered trap (e.g. Flamethrower, Fire)
4 (7.3%)
Pre-placed lemming
5 (9.1%)
Pickup skill
5 (9.1%)
Updraft
3 (5.5%)
Teleporter & receiver
5 (9.1%)
Splat & anti-splat pad
2 (3.6%)
One-way fields
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: [POLL] Your favourite NeoLemmix objects [POLL]  (Read 2321 times)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[POLL] Your favourite NeoLemmix objects [POLL]
« on: September 19, 2021, 11:35:56 PM »
Choose your favourite NeoLemmix objects in the above poll: you can check as many as you like. If I have missed one, let me know in a comment and I will add it to the poll.

Feel free to discuss any of the objects, and the reasons for your choices! :)

N.B. Remember to make your choices based on how these objects are interpreted and presented in NeoLemmix, but by all means discuss and make comparisons on their use in other Lemmings games/ports.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: [POLL] Your favourite NeoLemmix objects [POLL]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:11:31 AM »
Want to really think about it before I make a vote. For now though, one-way arrows are a nice and somewhat underused object that can really add to a level. Keep your hair on Mr. Lemmings is the first level to use one-way arrows and people really like that one

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 12:14:06 AM »
Yeah, gonna vote for one-way walls

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
One-way-walls: Interesting puzzle mechanic that also has backroute patching potential.

Water: It looks nicer than a bottomless pit even if it's usually effectively just a reskinned bottomless pit. Swimmers are a thing, too, and I use them sometimes, but they're not the main reason I like this object.

Infinite use traps (both): Lots of potential: you might have to avoid the trap, compress the squad (triggered traps only), or bypass the trigger area by building over it or digging under it. You can also disable them with disarmers, but personally I don't find disarmers very interesting. I don't really care much for the one-time use traps, though.

Pickup Skill: Technically, they do have puzzle potential, but where I like them the most is for addressing backroutes: not having all the skills available from the start can reduce the number of ways a puzzle can be bypassed. Just be careful not to overuse them, though, because that can just give away the solution.

Updraft: It's simple, yet has great potential. It can alter where gliders go, which can be used as a way to move gliders around, or as an obstacle for gliders (maybe the updraft will take them somewhere bad like into the :8(): clam), and the fact that it resets a lemming's fall distance can be used as either a puzzle element, or an anti-frustration feature if the splat height can cause unintended issues (though I'd default to making it smaller before plopping down updrafts most of the time).

Dishonorable mention: Teleporter/Receiver: Unnecessarily confusing when there's more than one pair, even when using clear physics mode.