Poll

What are your favourite Lemmings games?

Lemmings (1991)
Oh No! More Lemmings (1991)
Lemmings 2: The Tribes (1993)
Xmas Lemmings / Holiday Lemmings (1992 - 1994)
Lemmings 3: All New World of Lemmings (1994)
Lemmings 3D (1995)
Lemmings Paintball (1996)
The Adventures of Lomax (1996)
Lemmings Revolution (2000)
PS2 Lemmings (2006)
PS3 Lemmings (2007)
Lemmings Touch (2014)
Lemmings: The Puzzle Adventure (2018)

Author Topic: [POLL] Your Favourite Lemmings Games [POLL]  (Read 2510 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[POLL] Your Favourite Lemmings Games [POLL]
« on: September 19, 2021, 11:15:10 PM »
Choose your favourite Lemmings games in the above poll: you can check as many as you like. If I have missed one, let me know in a comment and I will add it to the poll.

Feel free to discuss any of the games, and the reasons for your choices! :)

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: [POLL] Your Favourite Lemmings Games [POLL]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:16:47 AM »
The real question you should be asking is, which level's don't I like because you can never have too many lemmings :P . My favourites are all of the ones that are based around the original engine, though

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 12:19:45 AM »
PS3 Lemmings (2007), Lemmings Touch (2014), and Lemmings: The Puzzle Adventure (2018) are all missing. How many votes are they going to get? Probably 0. But they are Lemmings games. ;)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 06:09:50 AM »
I voted Lemmings, Xmas Lemmings, 3D Lemmings and Lemmings Paintball. These are all games I played when I was a child. For some reason I missed out on the other games like Lemmings 2 and 3 then. I've played parts of them now but I don't enjoy them as much as the games that have fond memories attached to them.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »
I think Lemmings 2 are superior to the Original Lemmings, and on par with Oh No! and Xmas/Holidays, since their variety and difficulty are better than in the Original Game. However, the Mega Drive version of the Original game is outstanding, the ultimate Lemmings I version.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »
For me the original Amiga version is the ultimate version. I don't know how you can play the game without a mouse, especially the harder levels.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 12:12:31 PM »
For me the original Amiga version is the ultimate version. I don't know how you can play the game without a mouse, especially the harder levels.

I think Lemmings and Lemmings 2 could be played on Mega Drive via Sega Mouse, or something like that. But I was referring to the rich and huge variety of levels and clever solutions they have. In my opinion, Mega Drive has the best collection of intriguing levels of all ports, hands down.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 12:32:39 PM »
Yes, I agree with that. It's only a few years ago I played these levels for the first time (in NeoLemmix) and they're really good.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 07:50:39 PM »
I haven't finished Lemmings and Lemmings 2 yet. If I do want to expirence them, probably just going to do it through Redux

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 09:26:46 PM »
PS3 Lemmings (2007), Lemmings Touch (2014), and Lemmings: The Puzzle Adventure (2018) are all missing

Originally, I was going to leave these off the poll since they're all relatively non-canonical, and AFAIK PS3 Lemmings  (and indeed Lemmings Touch) is identical to PS2 Lemmings, which is itself a port of L1 as opposed to a standalone game.

However, I think that the graphical differences and the fact that they do have brand new levels and gameplay features is enough of a reason to include these, so I've added them to the poll.

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 09:49:33 PM »
...and AFAIK PS3 Lemmings  (and indeed Lemmings Touch) is identical to PS2 Lemmings...

PS3 Lemmings has entirely new levels with new mechanics and themes. Lemmings Touch has some L1 levels in there, but many are new and have new mechanics. :)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »
...and AFAIK PS3 Lemmings  (and indeed Lemmings Touch) is identical to PS2 Lemmings...

PS3 Lemmings has entirely new levels with new mechanics and themes. Lemmings Touch has some L1 levels in there, but many are new and have new mechanics. :)

OK, updated. I was hesitant to include any ports in this Poll due to the favourite L1 port topic, but it's clear that these include elements which make them very different from a standard port.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 10:20:40 PM »
True, PS3 Lemmings is very different