Author Topic: Lemmings Revolution  (Read 8127 times)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Revolution
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2021, 02:07:34 AM »
I made this patched version a while ago and didn't think I missed anything. You might have some luck downloading the patch and experimenting with swapping out different files to see what happens. I used the fill color mod too because modern windows shows parts black.

I attached the update patch here, but my copy has been patched further. This can be extracted with WINRar or a compression utility. My main .exe file has had some further mods done, but maybe another file can be swapped out?
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2021, 12:17:12 AM »
That might actually work, fingers crossed.  The more I think about this the more confused I get. (lol)

I've been watching ColorfulArty playing through the lemmings revolution levels, interesting seeing all the different solutions to the levels.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2021, 05:19:28 PM »
I made this patched version a while ago and didn't think I missed anything

Brilliant, thanks for this! Whereabouts in the Lemmings Revolution directory should this be placed? Does it replace the main Lemmings Revolution.exe?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2021, 05:39:14 PM »
This will replace my edited exe file and the patch file. I'd backup both first. Then maybe begin by only replacing the patch file. If no luck, then maybe try replacing the exe too and see if that helps.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »
This will replace my edited exe file and the patch file. I'd backup both first. Then maybe begin by only replacing the patch file. If no luck, then maybe try replacing the exe too and see if that helps.

I'm not sure what you mean, maybe I've missed something. Your post includes an .exe file, but not a patch file... ???

Here's a screenshot of the contents of the portable version of Lemmings Revolution:

Which of these files needs to be replaced with lempatch.exe? Or, should lempatch.exe simply be placed into this folder without anything else being removed?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2021, 03:01:46 AM »
My post contains only an EXE file, yes.

But... you can open this exe file with WinRAR or some equivalent compression utility and see the game exe and patch file inside.

Or, backup your .patch file and game .exe and let the update replace them.

Sorry for the lack of explanation, I've been on the run.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »
@jkapp76 - Thanks! I've tried the lempatch update. I get a "Not a valid CD-Rom drive" error when replacing the main game exe, so I tried just updating the patch and this works, the game runs fine.

@grams88 - please can you check whether the patch fixes the two broken levels?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »
This post is kind of off topic, but my family made Christmas decorations today...
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2021, 09:56:49 PM »
That looks very nice Jeremy, your family must really like the lemmings as well. :)

I've got some good news and have done what yourself and WillLem were mentioning and it works, no lemmings were splatting on the (Tanks A lot) level. I'll try to complete those two levels, thanks

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2021, 06:12:15 PM »
I have updated my Lemmings Revolution Download. Anyone who downloads it from the original link will now get the newly updated patch pre-installed.

Thanks for catching this!
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2021, 09:18:01 PM »
I have updated my Lemmings Revolution Download. Anyone who downloads it from the original link will now get the newly updated patch pre-installed.

Thanks for catching this!

Here's the download link to the version Jeremy is referring to: Lemmings Revolution

N.B. Remember to right-click the .exe and run it in Compatibility Mode > Windows XP Service Pack 3.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 06:11:04 PM by WillLem »