Author Topic: Lemmings Revolution  (Read 8124 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Lemmings Revolution
« on: September 16, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »
Hi everyone

Is there any cheat codes or cheats that you can use to skip by any of the levels, I lost my saves and had to start from the beginning. Any help would be fantanstic. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 11:51:38 PM by grams88 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Revolution Question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 12:58:39 AM »
unfortunately there's nothing like that that I know of. The only thing that I can think of is if someone who's completed most of the game already to send you their files. I couldn't cause I don't have such a save file (reformatted my PC several times since last time I played the game).

Offhand, Arty, Nessy or ccexplore may have such files.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:59:43 PM »
No worries at all Mobius, it's a right hard game and some of the levels are done quite well. There is a tiny chance I might have a save file located somewhere on the computer, I will have a look. Be careful if you are playing lemmings revolution, make a copy of the save file which is located in your lemmings revolution folder just in case you lose your save.

All it takes is one or two clicks and you can lose all your saves so make a copy each time you complete some of the levels.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 11:53:57 PM »
I downloaded this completed save-game file for Revolution a while back. I never tried it because my game crashed and won't load right now. But it's here if you're interested in checking it out.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 12:06:58 AM »
I think that will work, thanks for getting it jkapp76 :thumbsup:

I technically only have five levels left to complete so that will be a good save if I can get it working.  The levels do get very tough indeed for anyone that is thinking about completing the lemmings revolution, it's worth it big time.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 02:46:23 AM »
I love Lemmings Revolution. But sometimes it will stop working and I have lost my save once or twice. That's why I found this file in the first place.

I have mine working again now. You inspired me to work on it. I just needed to right-click on the game executable and set compatibility to WinXP SP1.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 08:15:35 AM »
Thanks jkapp I'm glad I inspired you to get back into the lemmings revolution. It can be a hard one to get working, I found my one on a website and when I downloaded it you had to change the language from German to English. I've only got four levels left to complete and at the moment it looks like I might be stuck on them for a while. While I'm getting there slowly those levels look hard and pernickety if that's the right word to use.

I like your crab picture for your profile. I think there is something you can do to get the crab moving but it's probably like a glitch or something like that. Have you completed lemmings revolution yourself or are you going to master it once and for all?

Yes that save file works well, it just only has one level left uncompleted and that level is one of my four levels so that's all good.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 11:38:47 PM »
I need to finish Revolutions some day. I really like this game, but I went the longest time with it not working and beat the first half more than once.

I own the original CD. I downloaded two different bug patches and put together my own portable version of the game from those.

I forget which files are patched now. So I can't package the crack itself easily to share, but I could easily enough share the whole portable game package If someone wanted it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:56:46 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 02:44:01 PM »
I need to finish Revolutions some day. I really like this game, but I went the longest time with it not working and beat the first half more than once.

I own the original CD. I downloaded two different bug patches and put together my own portable version of the game from those.

I forget which files are patched now. So I can't package the crack itself easily to share, but I could easily enough share the whole portable game package If someone wanted it.

I'd greatly appreciate a copy of that. I think it's best to do that via PM btw.  Rather than attaching it to a forum post
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 11:42:45 PM »
I can't believe I only have two levels left to solve, mind you those two levels are hard. Once I do that that will be me completed lemmings revolution once and for all, a hard one to complete.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 08:23:02 PM »

I also own the original CD, and would love a portable of it if you have one. Please PM me! :lemcat: :thumbsup:

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 07:41:41 PM »
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZgMPtXZFtWqa43MhOzlxBNtTOEFubaXJ01k

Here's a link to my portable version. (it's 232MB)
Just unzip this into the folder you want it to stay in and click the "RegSetup" file to get it working.

*I also had to right-click the game's executable and change the compatibility to "WindowsXP Service Pack2" on my windows 10 PC.

This game already has two patches applied, the unlocked save file, and my own recolored game icon. If you don't want the unlocked save file, just choose, "start new game."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:10:48 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 12:35:32 AM »
Nice one Jeremy, works a treat :thumbsup:

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 06:30:10 PM »
I've been sitting on this for a while now. I'm glad I could share it so more people can enjoy it.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 11:48:30 PM »
Guys, I think I have come across an impossible level. Could anyone confirm that this level is possible, the level I'm referring to is (Tanks a lot) I can't find a solution at all and was wondering if the level is possible. I've spent ages on this level and not getting any way at all. (lol)  The level feels broken. I'm kind of hoping it is broken.

Could anyone tell me whether it is possible without giving any spoilers.

Many thanks