Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Bad output data when cleansing a level where styles are missing  (Read 1326 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Note that at this stage, this report is somewhat based on guesswork from the symptoms of the bug - I have not fully investigated the cause.

As you will know, if you load a level in NL but some pieces are missing (most often due to needing a style you don't have), those pieces show up as a ? icon in-game. The bug that arises from this is, at least in some cases, it'd appear that cleansing such a level results in references to the fallback piece, literally being written into the output level file - as if the missing pieces were actually aliased to default:fallback.

This should not happen - NeoLemmix should either refuse to cleanse levels where a needed piece is absent, or else should preserve the original reference (while still correcting any that it can correct). My preference is slightly towards the latter.

I consider this bug to be reason to look at a 12.12.2 update, although not promising any timeline on that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed in commit fbd53c4; backported to 12.12 in commit 9c3075e. Will release said update once testing of a few other fixes is complete.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)